Author Topic: Traffic increase for CCF  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
Traffic increase for CCF
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:35:31 AM »
From the bottom of the CCF home page:  "Most Online Ever: 415 (May 07, 2012, 12:37:24 AM)"

Wow, the active Chinese coin community is growing.  Traffic has been steadily increasing.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Traffic increase for CCF
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
You ain't seen nothing yet.  Wait until the world wakes up to Chinese coin prices/popularity as they did to art.  All it will take is one news article on TV.  (I rang a few chains) Either way this community should start to take off soon.......

Offline badon

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Take a look at the stats for May 2012:

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?action=stats

This forum set a new record of 349,457 page views in May. That's a LOT of reading people are doing! The previous month of April was also a record month. In just over 2 months, this Chinese Coin Forum exploded past the previous record by over 100,000 page views. That's a HUGE HUGE HUGE increase.

Offline badon

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »
I just checked the user statistics, and it looks like most of the time we normally have between 100 and 200 people reading this forum. That doesn't include the big spikes up to over 400 we have had recently. All signs are pointing towards growth.

Also, have you noticed I haven't mentioned a summer slowdown in my articles yet? The market is still "muted", as I predicted it would be back in 2011, but it is clearly ramping up. I think this process may continue for a while before the lid comes off and the market shocks us with what it can do.

As pandamonium mentioned, art is the first to soar to crazy prices, then coins follow sometime after. Art has been flying high for about 10 years now, but even the highest priced coins are still relatively tame. For example, the King of Siam set - not one coin, but a whole set - of the rarest and most valuable American coins sold for under $10 million. That's pocket change. Each one of those coins is capable of individually achieving that price level if the coin market takes off. Take a look:

http://www.rcw1.com/m/KOSInfo.php

Those coins are all restrikes, by the way. There are many restrikes of the modern Chinese coins that are waiting to be discovered. None of them are in the same class as the King of Siam coins (a gift from a President to a King), but they're certainly capable of impressing us without needing to rise to the multi-million dollar level. I'd be thrilled with $900 each for the historical figures I paid under $200 for :)

Offline badon

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
One more interesting thing: I am by far the top poster on this forum. But, I didn't post very much in May. If you look at the stats, you'll see that the number of posts was unimpressive. Most of our traffic is just new people coming to check us out, and this forum has taken on a life of its own that isn't dependent on me, or anyone else. I'm pretty proud that we have finally achieved such an excellent community.