Author Topic: BRAIN DRAIN  (Read 1739 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
BRAIN DRAIN
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
This forum is losing/has lost many important contributors to the Chinese coin market.  Xu of China, Monique of RCC, now ghostrider, the list goes on.  Why?  Because of our non stop complaining and crucifying of important members.  We need these people and their important knowledge of the coins and market.  We must have their opinions to understand and succeed.  Can we stop complaining so freely and ask our friends to return to our forum?  I want to learn!  How can that happen when the knowledgeable folks no longer want to participate?  Our view points are important.  But not so important that we have a brain drain on this forum.  Why would they join in when they know that they will be reamed out on our forum?  We have got to encourage our brainiacs to return.  It will help all of us.  Please, lets temper our opinions or say them once and get over it.   How do we get them back?  For all you past and future contributors, please consider getting back on CCF.  The majority have no issues w/ you.  Do not take our comments too personal as coin collecting can become emotional.  Passion for Chinese coins.  I hope you understand that and will return to the CCF............Holy Pandamonium

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
Re: BRAIN DRAIN
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
Well said!  Amen

Offline fractalfate

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »
I whole-heartedly agree with pandamonium. Modern Chinese coin collecting offers an unprecedented opportunity to enjoy an intellectually, emotionally, and (potentially) financially rewarding hobby with both one's family and one's community here. We all bring certain individual strengths and insights to this party. Opinions can and should vary. Best-available data points help and should be brought to light whenever possible. Maturity and forethought are additional prerequisites that are required if we want to make this forum everything it can and should be.

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
Only the strong-minded and/or thick-skinned survive?

Offline PeterPanda

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Panda America
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »
They all left cause they have better things to do with their time......me, I be glad to stick around and answer, comment, and whatever on all you can throw at me.....been doing it for 30 yrs and plan on another 30......:)
Buy the book before the coin

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 08:03:39 PM »
I cannot speak to the others who 'left' before Ghost because I wasn't around. I don't know how they were treated, but as long as I've been here, it had been pretty civil. Members of a forum like this come and go. Interest rises and wanes, and people move on. Knowledge isn't lost. It either changes form or lies dormant. I hope Ghost will be back shortly.