Author Topic: NGC Opens Office in Germany  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
NGC Opens Office in Germany
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:32:13 AM »

Good news for our European friends.

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=1623&utm_source=enews&utm_medium=enews&utm_campaign=ngc_enews_4_2012

Looking at the auctions on ebay Germany I do not recall seeing many graded coins, almost nothing actually. So my first thought was that NGC will not gain success in Europe but on the other hand the opportunity is great.

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NGC Opens Office in Germany
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »
DiggingNorway waited for months, and they finally opened right after he already sent his coins directly to NGC :)

Offline saso12

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:26:51 AM »
I am from Europe and I was happy to see this news, so I send email with some questions.
I got answer that all coins that will come to german office will be send to USA for grading,etc..

I thought they will have there own graders in Europe, so there will be last aditional costs (sending to USA, maybe a costum-fee, etc.)

NGC will attend some fairs in Germany, so I will try to know more about this in person.

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:43:38 AM »
True, the coins will be graded in the US as NGC said.

"The new location will address growing demand for NGC’s expert services throughout Europe, while offering coin dealers and collectors a faster, more efficient method to submit coins to NGC’s US headquarters for certification and grading."

I think that by submitting coins to NGC Germany the European collectors will be able to save some money on the shipping cost as NGC will ship bigger quantities of coins to the US all together. Also it would provide peace of mind knowing that the international shipping is under NGC's responsibility and not the post office or other shipping company.

Offline badon

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 04:58:03 AM »
NGC will probably be able to avoid customs fees. That's the advantage of doing it via NGC instead of on your own. The customs officials will become acquainted with NGC in a way they wouldn't be able to with individual collectors.