Author Topic: 1991 1 oz Gold Lunar Goat?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
1991 1 oz Gold Lunar Goat?
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »
Can anyone point me to recent sales data for a China 1991 1 oz Gold Lunar Goat in OMP with Box and COA.  The coin seems to be scarce enough that I can't seem to find any auction sales.  I had an opportunity to purchase one today for what seemed to be an attractive price.  My gut told me to pull the trigger and buy it...now I'm trying to see if it was a good choice :)

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
Re: 1991 1 oz Gold Lunar Goat?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »
From China Pricepedia, the most recent auction of a 1991 gold Year of the Goat was for $5,500 in February 2012.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
http://www.pandacollector.com

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »
From China Pricepedia, the most recent auction of a 1991 gold Year of the Goat was for $5,500 in February 2012.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony

OK, that price is good to hear.  No buyer's remorse  :001_smile:.  I knew that lunars had cooled off a bit, but I just didn't know how much. The most recent sale reported in my Feb 2012 China Pricepedia was back in June at $6438 (perhaps the price you mentioned will be included in the soon-to-be released March issue?).  

A follow up question would be do the gold lunar collectors tend to prefer OMP with box or graded?  I know there are some strong opinions on OMP vs graded, in general, on this site, but I was wondering whether, for certain issues in particular, OMP is favored?

Thanks.

Birdman

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
OK, that price is good to hear.  No buyer's remorse  :001_smile:.  I knew that lunars had cooled off a bit, but I just didn't know how much. The most recent sale reported in my Feb 2012 China Pricepedia was back in June at $6438 (perhaps the price you mentioned will be included in the soon-to-be released March issue?).  

A follow up question would be do the gold lunar collectors tend to prefer OMP with box or graded?  I know there are some strong opinions on OMP vs graded, in general, on this site, but I was wondering whether, for certain issues in particular, OMP is favored?

Thanks.

Birdman

Yes, the price is in the upcoming March issue of Pricepedia. OMP, or graded: which is preferred? Whichever one sells for the higher price is preferred!

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony

Offline Bearcat

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
Careful about that pragmatism, Peter! Remember what happened after Deng Xiao Ping said "It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white, if it catches the rat it is a good cat"...(oh right, China's GDP shot up.)