Author Topic: is SP+ must be used for PCGS submission on chinese coin?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline pandalover

• Trade Count: (0)
is SP+ must be used for PCGS submission on chinese coin?
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:08:25 AM »
sometime ago, pcgs say all chinese coin need to submited with SP+ service.
But now in ebay , there are 2012 panda coin in standard slab.
so, have pcgs relax its rule again? or not all type of coin need to go through SP+?

low

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: is SP+ must be used for PCGS submission on chinese coin?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »
I understand that modern coins (1955 and later) are not required to submit through Secure Plus, though collector can choose to use Secure Plus.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »
I understand that modern coins (1955 and later) are not required to submit through Secure Plus, though collector can choose to use Secure Plus.

Not all Modern Chinese Coins need to be in Secure+ holders. You just won't have an insurance guarantee of over $1000 if they turn out to be fake. I believe future graded in regular holder still have the $1000 guarantee.  Anyone confirm this? 

So for the lower value coins I would still imagine many will not end up in Secure+ holders.  Doesn't mean they are fake coins, just means you aren't covered for as much.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
I own some 6 figure PCGS coins and don't see any reason to have them re slabbed in a secure+ holder. No reason to in my opinion and feel most collectors of 40 years like myself agree. Still own OGH coins which seem to  bring a premium to the newer slabs.