Author Topic: *****Stunning Gold Development with unknown implications if true*****  (Read 5111 times)

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: *****Stunning Gold Development with unknown implications if true*****
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »
Iran is the militarily strongest middle eastern nation, after Israel. They defeated an American-backed invasion by Iraq after 8 years of non-stop fighting. I doubt any invader could hold anything in Iran if the Iranians opposed it. Afghanistan is a pile of rocks compared to Iran, and they beat the Russians, and soon they will have beaten the Westerners too.

It's amazing how feckless missiles and helicopters are against angry locals. The last time that region was conquered was by Genghis Khan around 800 years ago, and he decided the only way he could hold the territory was by exterminating everyone living in it. The West has put itself on a path toward humiliating defeat (and then peace), or committing genocide. If it's going to be a genocide, it's probably going to be worse than anything we've ever seen before, in East AND the West.

Nobody trusts America anymore, and its allies in the West are wavering. In contrast, the East is unifying in opposition to the West, even if they disagree about everything else. I don't think the West can win in the Middle East, and the spoils of Libya are temporary, just like "Mission Accomplished" was in Iraq.

I think everybody is hoping America stops escalating before somebody gets a twitchy trigger finger, and things get out of hand. Iran is nearly as brutal as America, and they have the technology and alliances to make sure any conflict is very nasty.

Behind the scenes of all this talk about oil and EFP's and IED's, the East and West have been upgrading their nuclear capabilities. It's hard to believe that a war in Iran would not go nuclear within a few hours of the beginning of an overt invasion.

Iran has some cards to play that the West does not know about yet. As an example, one of them has already been played when they stole one of America's stealth drones. They hack an elite-level cryptographically secure communication network to gain control over it and fly it to one of their own airbases. It's clear proof the Iranians are not technological nitwits like some of their neighbors.

Now that Iran has a complete example of America's best stealth technology, it won't be long before it is reverse engineered, and American invaders will have to do battle with an adversary that doesn't need to hide in caves anymore. Iran is far from doomed. All it would take is a refit of the stealth drone they captured, and they would have the capability to fly a nuclear weapon into the United States or Europe with a realistic probability that it would reach its target before being intercepted.

There's a carrier battle group off the shores of Iran right now. It could get vaporized. America loans nuclear weapons to Israel, and it is conceivable that Russia, Pakistan, India, China, or North Korea could loan nuclear weapons to Iran.

No one outside the West wants the region to be secured by the American military - not even the American people want that. None of America's advantages look even remotely capable of sustaining anything more than a temporary incursion into Iran. As powerful as America is militarily, it's not more powerful versus the rest of the world than Germany was in the 1930's.

If invading Iraq and Afghanistan was a folly of epic proportions, then invading Iran would be something new altogether. All of the cold war nightmares would be resurrected in a flash of incinerating light.

Underbidder

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
With all the highly illegal assasinations, and computer virus slowing the progress of the Iranian nuclear effort, I have to think once again, like Libya, it is a globally sanctioned effort.
After all, Europe, The US, and gasp.. China...all benefitted from the Libya takeover.  I see China as being involved in Iran too.  
More oil will flow to all, under a "settled" ME.

The drone?  I'm surprised nobody has mentioned, with the history right there, of the possibility of It being a Trojan Horse.

The US is losing influence and power, but in some ways, is still far ahead of the rest of the globe in matters of war and intrigue.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:40:14 PM by Underbidder »

Offline badon

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
The drone?  I'm surprised nobody has mentioned, with the history right there, of the possibility of It being a Trojan Horse.

The US is losing influence and power, but in some ways, is still far ahead of the rest of the globe in matters of war and intrigue.

The plot thickens!

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
"In Gold We Trust" - Welcome to Utah! We trust silver, too.

Offline ghostrider80811

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
With all the highly illegal assasinations, and computer virus slowing the progress of the Iranian nuclear effort, I have to think once again, like Libya, it is a globally sanctioned effort.
After all, Europe, The US, and gasp.. China...all benefitted from the Libya takeover.  I see China as being involved in Iran too.  
More oil will flow to all, under a "settled" ME.

The drone?  I'm surprised nobody has mentioned, with the history right there, of the possibility of It being a Trojan Horse.

Im watching the Iran development very carefully since this will directly impact all of us and interesting perspective on the Trojan House too.  
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:50:36 AM by ghostrider80811 »

Offline ghostrider80811

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »
"In Gold We Trust" - Welcome to Utah! We trust silver, too.

Too bad one can only use Gold/Silver ASE in Utah and nothing else. 

Offline ghostrider80811

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:51:04 AM »

Im watching the Iran development very carefully since this will directly impact all of us and interesting perspective on the Trojan Horse too.  

Offline ghostrider80811

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:12 AM »
Mods-Can you delete this one post?  thanks as I tried fixing some of my spelling but it didnt come out right, thanks! 

Offline badon

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
It's OK, we know what you're trying to say.

About the Trojan Horse theory, I disagree. There is no reason to believe such a thing had occurred, and it is difficult to theorize how it could even be possible. Besides, there are much cheaper, simpler, and more expedient ways to do that kind of thing. The idea would be great for a spy novel though!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
You are right, Iran is the key for now.  They can raise the price of oil, gold/silver w/o a shot being fired, yet.  (Today the rise in metals was credited to the Fed's comments)  Selling oil for gold is bad news.  I read articles a few years ago on how to collapse the US dollar or petrol dollar.  It said the oil producers will demand gold for oil.  (How much oil for how much gold?) That is the beginning of the end.  Not to sound too negative but we all know this could get real serious real fast.  Hopefully it will be just more threats and negotiations in the mid East.  Most all signs point to rise in metals prices whichever way the situation works out...........

Underbidder

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 06:30:43 PM »
It's OK, we know what you're trying to say.

About the Trojan Horse theory, I disagree. There is no reason to believe such a thing had occurred, and it is difficult to theorize how it could even be possible. Besides, there are much cheaper, simpler, and more expedient ways to do that kind of thing. The idea would be great for a spy novel though!

Right. So the drone landed itself nicely, or the Iranians hacked into and somehow skillfully flew it down intact.
Slightly possib-le, but not probab-le.  ;)

Oh, and they danced and danced, when they saw how skillfully they beat the "Great" Satan.
So did the residents of Troy.

(They don't call it " Great" for nuttin' !)

The Stuxnet computer virus dissabled Iranian nuclear program:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/26/secret-agent-crippled-irans-nuclear-ambitions/

http://blog.thesecuritydialogue.org/2011/12/lost-uav-or-trojan-horse.html
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:47:15 PM by Underbidder »