Author Topic: Congratulations to NGC Registry Award Winners!  (Read 2058 times)

Offline mrslick32

• Trade Count: (0)
Congratulations to NGC Registry Award Winners!
« on: January 07, 2012, 02:37:33 AM »
Congratulations to Larry Dreher and Panda Halves for winning awards in the NGC 2011 Registry Awards. I think it's a big achievement to be recognized by NGC for the quality of their collections especially since they were competing with thousands of other collections that encompassed coins from different countries. I also like to browse the NGC registry not only to see pictures of great collections but also to use the pictures as one reference for determining the details of a real coin.

If I missed any CCF member who won an award, I also want to say congratulations to you. I may not have recognized your name on the award list.

Offline Russ 736

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+14)
Re: Congratulations to NGC Registry Award Winners!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »
I would like to add my congratulations to those of mrslick32. I compete with Larry on a few sets and he is a tough person to beat. Panda Halves is not only an exceptional collector and coin scholar but a really great guy. His help has made it possible for my 1/4 oz. gold Panda set to place best in class.Thanks again to both of these gentlemen for their contributions to improving my collection.

Russ736

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »
Thanks to all the forum members for sound guidance, advice, and assistance with coin upgrades from time to time.
This set would not have been possible without community support.
Here is a link to the Award page:
http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=2556&NGC-registry-award-winners

Congrats to Larry especially for winning not just one of the registry awards but for taking first place in the "Best Modern Sets" category for his Silver 10Y China Panda, Mint State (Incl. Varieties) set. His set was the only non-U.S. coin set selected for an award in this monster category for 2011... and it won 1st.

PH

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »
Panda Halves & Larry Dreher I offer my sincere Congratulations. I know the work you have done in hunting down all needed coins. PH great summary added also.This is great for all collectors to see these sets honored. Good Job guys.

Offline fishball

• Pandawiki™
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
Amazing stuff, congratulations to both of you.

Currently looking for MS69 1oz Silver Pandas - feel free to PM me.
Also buying 1997 Hong Kong $1000 Gold Coin BOX + COA - please PM thank you.

Offline ghostrider80811

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
Congrads PH, Larry, and mrslick32!  Well deserved!!  BTW, does NGC give any prizes out such as X amount of free conservation and slabbing for winning? 

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »
Two outstanding collections by two outstanding numismatists and people. Both collections reflect the great character and knowledge of the collectors. Congratulations are well deserved and earned!

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
http://www.pandacollector.com

Offline larrydreher

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
Congratulations to Larry Dreher and Panda Halves for winning awards in the NGC 2011 Registry Awards. I think it's a big achievement to be recognized by NGC for the quality of their collections especially since they were competing with thousands of other collections that encompassed coins from different countries. I also like to browse the NGC registry not only to see pictures of great collections but also to use the pictures as one reference for determining the details of a real coin.

If I missed any CCF member who won an award, I also want to say congratulations to you. I may not have recognized your name on the award list.

Thanks everybody.  Sorry, I haven't been participating much lately but I've been busy on work and personal matters.  I was surprised and humbled to win.  I'm feeling guilty now that my set isn't fully photographed and documented.  I guess I have another resolution to add to my list :)

Offline larrydreher

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »
BTW, does NGC give any prizes out such as X amount of free conservation and slabbing for winning? 

In 2007 I got a plaque and a certificate good for free photos of 5 coins in the set if I were to send them in.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
I would also like to add my congratulations to both of you.  Wonderful accomplishment!

Offline wyldkatt

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »
As would I, gents.
Kudos to both of ya's.
And very well deserved.
The company on this forum is very humbling,
and the knowledge, unsurpassed, IMO.

Congrats again, bearkeepers!!

wyldkatt