Author Topic: Tuan Shih Kai O mint with correct attachment  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Giantgg

• Trade Count: (0)
Tuan Shih Kai O mint with correct attachment
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »
  Yuan Shih Kai O mint
« on: Today at 04:06:12 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Kondi,

Today happen that I having lunch and passby one coin shop that I usually visit...Today really not intention to get any coin but the coin shop owner wave me to go in and said have good offer to me that he recently acquired. he told me new year I gave you good offer and he show me the below coin. As my best friend which is better knowledge than me not with me I abit reluctant to get any...But the owner told me if you found this coin is not geniue I 100% return and life warranty...I think also is a very good offer than i purchase...

Please help me to confirm the below coin is genuine or not... Million thanks again to you....You always help me........
Thanks

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
Re: Tuan Shih Kai O mint with correct attachment
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:46:05 AM »
Dear Giantgg :001_rolleyes:

After close look to your YSK 1914 "O" variety. I think this is genuine piece. Please take a look on picture nr 9 at: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=4460.0
Yeah, that's your coin. However there are some points which makes me little worry, 1st, 3rd and 6th chinese character (part of each those characters) are little bold. I didn't find the same looking coin, at least the similar bold one with those 3 chinese characters. 5th chinese character (the part of this character) has sharp hook. I didn't see this hook on any of my YSK 1914 with "O" and also on other fatman dollars 1914 with mint mark "O". When you take a close look on my coin on picture nr 9 you can see it is a little different. The most part on obverse which makes me worry, cause those all what I am talking here is on obverse of your coin. Downstairs rim a part of rim is double. I haven't seen such of YSK 1914 with "O" till now on. I saw similar double rim on common YSK 1914 but never on YSK 1914 "O" variety. I am not saying that this fake coin. I would say it is genuine but I would send it to NGC to grade it just to be 100% sure. Now let's take a look on your dragon dollar 1911, shall we... :001_rolleyes:
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)

Offline Giantgg

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »
Dear Giantgg :001_rolleyes:

After close look to your YSK 1914 "O" variety. I think this is genuine piece. Please take a look on picture nr 9 at: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=4460.0
Yeah, that's your coin. However there are some points which makes me little worry, 1st, 3rd and 6th chinese character (part of each those characters) are little bold. I didn't find the same looking coin, at least the similar bold one with those 3 chinese characters. 5th chinese character (the part of this character) has sharp hook. I didn't see this hook on any of my YSK 1914 with "O" and also on other fatman dollars 1914 with mint mark "O". When you take a close look on my coin on picture nr 9 you can see it is a little different. The most part on obverse which makes me worry, cause those all what I am talking here is on obverse of your coin. Downstairs rim a part of rim is double. I haven't seen such of YSK 1914 with "O" till now on. I saw similar double rim on common YSK 1914 but never on YSK 1914 "O" variety. I am not saying that this fake coin. I would say it is genuine but I would send it to NGC to grade it just to be 100% sure. Now let's take a look on your dragon dollar 1911, shall we... :001_rolleyes:
Hi Kondi,
Thanks alot on your information...I will send this coin to grade as per advise and will let you know the outcome once I received back after grading...

Thanks

Offline KONDi

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »
Dear Giantgg,
You are always welcome. I am happy I can help you everytime when you need a help with your fatman dollars:)
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline Giantgg

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:52:30 PM »
Hi Kondi

As per advice I send to NGC and the coin return back to me...Thanks ! You are right genuine coin.

Thanks

Offline dragondollar

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Dragon Dollar & Chinese Coins
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »
What about the grade! I understand you want to keep your NGC number secret, but you should share the grade :p

Offline Giantgg

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »
Hi ,

As per request the grade is XF45...

thanks

Offline KONDi

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
Dear Giantgg,

I am very happy that my judgement was right about this coin.
You got really nice result from NGC - XF 45:)Congratulations!!!:)
and you are always welcome:)

Hi Kondi

As per advice I send to NGC and the coin return back to me...Thanks ! You are right genuine coin.

Thanks
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com