Author Topic: NCS Submission Fee Hike  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
NCS Submission Fee Hike
« on: January 02, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
Be aware that NCS slyly increased their fees from $22.50 to $26.50.
In addition to the fee increase, the new form has an error where you can't enter the Variety / Country which was the tip-off to me that something was amiss with their form or that it was updated.
Sure enough, in block five there is a price hike.
All things considered, I don't think $26.50 is too much to pay for their service, but it would have been nice to see a round number like $25.00 instead of another obscure number ending in fifty cents.

PH

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NCS Submission Fee Hike
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
In some ways, this is good news. It means they're getting enough business that they can justify a price increase. It also means they may have made some investments in improving their quality of service. Until they get a strong competitor, none of those things are guaranteed, but NGC has a positive track record of making improvements in advance to PREVENT any market opportunities from forming for a potential competitor. In plain English, they're progressive trend-setters, instead of reactive trend followers.

Offline PandaOrLunar

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »
Now NGC just need to included basic conservation service as part of submission directly to NGC as a form of protection for the buyer.  There are so many NGC graded coins in the market that has not been to NCS first.

tamo42

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
Hmm, I wonder why they didn't include that in their monthly newsletter :/