Author Topic: Coin Compendium volunteer testers list  (Read 25492 times)

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Coin Compendium volunteer testers list
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »
There's a bug I'm hunting that's affecting the site, so if it's not loading for you, wait a few minutes and try again. While I'm testing the bug, it will make other parts of the site slow. You can stay up on the latest happenings here:

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=4588.new#new

Offline jwa1inv

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »
Badon,
       I would like to help with Coin Compendium testing. I have been
concentrating on the China's silver historical series and World Cultural
celebrities coins lately, but have pandas, olympics, animals, medals and
some lunars too--only Chinese modern rarities.

jwa1inv

Offline badon

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
jwa1inv, welcome to the Coin Compendium!

Offline CoinWorld13

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2012, 11:16:41 PM »
The problem lies in the automation of the Coin Compendium. It will display the "official obverse" as the obverse in all of the main photos. I suppose I could code it up to make an exception for coins from China, but then I'd have to ask if there's exceptions to the exceptions. Oh, has anybody figured out which side of the vault protectors is the "obverse"?

Hmm, now that I'm thinking about it, I could call it "Side 1" and "Side 2". Then we can control that for each individual coin, and still easily indicate "obverse" and "reverse" also. I might try that and see how it goes.

That my friend may be the best way to do it. That way you can take the "official mint" standpoint to satisfy everyone who sticks to that point, but still be able to satisfy everyone else as well with the sides. That way if there are any other exceptions to the exceptions it still can easily be viewed and labeled. I for one like this idea.
Regards,
CoinWorld13

Offline CoinWorld13

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
Badon, I was on page one and failed to see the other 5 pages. buynicething and I work as a team on lots of thigs with Chinese Coins and Medals. Personally I could give a collectors and investors standpoint with it. buynicething would be able to do much much more. He is a genious with collecting data and is a genious with sets and varieties. We currently use many sites, and we could give you a "team" perspective. Let us know if this could help. Obviously our help could turn into just about anything once on the inside. personally I am very excited to see how well I could do with it. As you know I have experience, but am not the most technical person in the world. I could give you perspective on user friendliness and this sort of thing too. Thank for your consideration.
Regards,
CoinWorld13

Offline badon

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
That my friend may be the best way to do it. That way you can take the "official mint" standpoint to satisfy everyone who sticks to that point, but still be able to satisfy everyone else as well with the sides. That way if there are any other exceptions to the exceptions it still can easily be viewed and labeled. I for one like this idea.

I have decided to go with the standard numismatic definition of obverse and reverse. That definition is nearly 400 years old, and easy to understand once you know the definition. The decreed definition of the China Mint is based on the die positions, which isn't standard and will have to be called the "China Mint obverse" and "China Mint reverse", or something like that.

Badon, I was on page one and failed to see the other 5 pages. buynicething and I work as a team on lots of thigs with Chinese Coins and Medals. Personally I could give a collectors and investors standpoint with it. buynicething would be able to do much much more. He is a genious with collecting data and is a genious with sets and varieties. We currently use many sites, and we could give you a "team" perspective. Let us know if this could help. Obviously our help could turn into just about anything once on the inside. personally I am very excited to see how well I could do with it. As you know I have experience, but am not the most technical person in the world. I could give you perspective on user friendliness and this sort of thing too. Thank for your consideration.

Welcome to the Coin Compendium!

Offline noomahn1

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 05:17:25 PM »
Badon-

Would love to have access to the Coin Compendium.  At least to add to the God of War/Wealth section. 

--noomahn

Offline badon

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Welcome to the WHOLE Coin Compendium! The section for the God of War & Wealth starts here:

http://www.CC/w/index.php/CCT2

Offline Zinger

• New
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, 07:34:17 PM »
Hi. Long time listener first time caller. It would be interesting to poke around the coin compendium.

Offline fishball

• Pandawiki™
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »
I'd be interested to see the CC too, especially the 'secret' pertaining to the God of War & Wealth haha.

I'm no big time collector but have a mixed variety of MCC in OMP and slabs.

Thanks.

Currently looking for MS69 1oz Silver Pandas - feel free to PM me.
Also buying 1997 Hong Kong $1000 Gold Coin BOX + COA - please PM thank you.

Offline badon

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
Welcome to the Coin Compendium, Zinger and fishball! You're just in time too, there was a new discovery only a few minutes ago!

Offline PandaOrLunar

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
Got some free time lately.  So I would love to look around the CC and hopefully able to contribute in some way.

Offline badon

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 08:20:03 PM »
Welcome to the Coin Compendium, PandaOrLunar!

Offline Panda Express

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »
Badon, Can you kindly add me in the Coin Compendium.  Although I'm relatively new to the forum, I have a fond interest in the Medals, and I'm in the process of completion of one my favorite rare Medal sets. Incidentally, one of my employees works part-time for me as a server manager for my office. We meet quite often and he can point any technical problems if anything arises.  :thumbup:

Thanks.

Offline badon

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
Welcome to the Coin Compendium, Panda Express! Press-ganging your unfortunate employees to help you in your hobbies, eh? Haha, I think we all do that :)