Author Topic: Coin Compendium volunteer testers list  (Read 25236 times)

Offline YoungC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Coin Compendium volunteer testers list
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »
So, is anyone putting in the place holder types for the silver lunars?
If not, I am willing to put in some time.
Is it possible to move a subtype to help the organization?

Offline badon

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
YoungC, no one is working on them right now, as far as I know. tamo42 and I were just talking about them - we don't know enough to do it right, so you can help.

Yes, you can move a subtype. All you need to do is change the type that it belongs to in the "Type" field of the "Edit with form" page. It might be a good idea to start a discussion about the lunars so everyone can tell us what they know, and we can use their info to organize the CC's lunars and start adding specimens, sightings, images, and maybe varieties if we can find any.

Offline YoungC

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
OK. I started a new topic on the silver lunar series.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=5271

Let's see whether there are any interest. :001_smile:

Banon,
  Can a type be a subtype of 2 different types? In other words, is the type structure a tree or can it be different?
For example, can the type "2000 1 Oz 40mm silver dragon" be a subtype of BOTH "40mm 1 Oz round 1997-2008" and "2000 silver lunar"?

Offline badon

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
Yes, that is correct. However, we don't want to add more types than needed, because it greatly complicates things. So, instead of also adding the type to "2000 silver lunar", it might be better to concentrate on getting the basics all added before we get creative with building out a web of types.

Offline Thor122

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
Badon. Tamo saw to me. I can request a account to help with the coin compendium. Im collecting mcc but specially pandas silver and silvers unicorns ngc 69 or 70. Im in argentina

Offline badon

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »
Welcome to the Coin Compendium, Thor122!

Offline badon

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
Hi Badon, the Coin compendium has become an impressive database already. I especially love the annotation feature. I'd like to know if you are interested in using it for older Chinese coins as well? I don't see a category for coins older than 1949. Is it OK if I create one and start registering my NGC graded coins?

Ooooo, I know you are addressing badon, but may I jump in?  I would LOVE, LLLOOOVE, to have you and KONDi work on the older Chinese coins.  That would be truly wonderful.

Great news, we just got permission from KONDi to use his photos!:

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=5260.msg33796#msg33796

Once the types and photos are entered, we can get to work on entering sightings. I'm going to need help with that, because I know almost nothing about the older coins, but myself and the other people working the CC can easily enter specimens and sightings for them if you can handle the types and images. What do you think, can you help with that?

Offline Zerosum

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2012, 11:11:05 AM »
Badon, I'm no expert, but I could probably put in a little work on Lunar Series II silver piedfort coins.