Author Topic: Panda America taking Pre-Orders for Dragon Gold & Silver coins  (Read 2325 times)

Offline PandaWill

• Trade Count: (0)
Panda America taking Pre-Orders for Dragon Gold & Silver coins
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:36:43 PM »
Hey guys - just wanted to let you all know our China Dragon coins are up on our website and we are taking pre-orders.  We expect the coins to arrive in Mid-December, so all orders placed now will ship out sometime between the 15th and the 20th of December.  I expect the prices to rise quickly; our allocation is low and interest is high.  Any questions on any of the items just email me or give me a call in the office. 

Thanks, Will 800-472-6327 x230

http://www.pandaamerica.com/sresult.asp?keyword=china%202012%20year

Offline Pandana

Re: Panda America taking Pre-Orders for Dragon Gold & Silver coins
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:25:59 PM »
Thus far - dragons are coming out of the woodworks ... it appears that every mint has come out with dragon coins ... Laos, Pamps, Australia, China, Canada. Tuvalu, New Zealand, ... to name a few

An over population of dragons ... maybe when someone add up all the numbers of issues:  there will be one per person on the planet.

Numis value??? it's increasingly questionable?  BETTER SIT OUT until all dragon are grounded ... no rush to buy.

Offline Pandana

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:04:35 PM »
Even APMEX comes out with their own dragons ... at a bit over spot ... the design is pretty nice ...

http://www.apmex.com/Category/1258/Year_of_the_Dragon_Silver_Bars.aspx#

(I am repeating this post - hope you don't mind, to get our members to slow down these rushes... and back to reality)

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:35:20 PM »
Realize the Dragon is a Chinese zodiac symbol rooted in thousands of years of history and culture.
Many other mints may make dragon coins but the ones that will have the most meaning, historical relevance, cultural significance, and probably future value will be those minted in China.
I doubt many people would buy American bald eagle coins minted in Australia or American buffalo coins minted in China.
Many thanks to Panda America for giving forum members a head's-up on ordering these.

PH

Offline Pandana

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 03:43:27 PM »
PH,
No doubt, and am in agreement with your post with regard to culture.  However, the numerous issuance of dragons by all countries, mints will certainly pose the very question:
1.  Do I buy 2 Chinese dragons coins - or just buy 1 Chinese, and 3 Ausie dragons - or 1 Chinese and 8 AMPEX dragons - or 1 Chinese and 3 Canadian dragons; or 0 Chinese and 16 APMEX dragons ...

See, this already curtail the market - so the upside is ... shall I say ... limited

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:28 PM »
Pandana,
You bring out some interesting points....
I would say it depends on your risk/return threshhold and how much emphasis you place on sheer silver stacking.
It is probably a good collection/investment strategy to own some rare Chinese dragons and some silver bullion dragons.
I actually like the strategy of owning a "dragon collection" that has coins of varying rarity with a skewed emphasis on quantity.
This way you are hedged against inflation with silver volume and well positioned with coins that carry heavy numismatic premiums.
I'd say possibly get some of each but NOT at the expense of completely dis-including a Chinese dragon or two.

PH

Offline ghostrider80811

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 04:21:58 PM »
PH,

You know what?  The 1/2oz Gold Dragon would sure look nice with your complete set of 1/2oz Panda Gold collection =P

Offline Pandana

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 04:22:45 PM »
Exactly, PH.  In this forum we all like - love Chinese mordern PM coins - so to the extent of dis-inclusion of Chinese dragon, I would say that we won't do that.  My point was that now instead of buying 10 Chinese dragon coins; stacking up and also numis. future - I am now having the choice of spreading it out - maybe one each of each mint; country.  I know also that many, many of us are reluctant to buy the Chinese dragon, because of the exorbitant premium as I am one in the wing.

It's actually pretty nice to start a world-wide 2012 dragon pen - this would be a very nice, collectable series.

In any case - this now reduce demand of the Chinese dragon.