Author Topic: Is Richard Russell Right?  (Read 12636 times)

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Is Richard Russell Right?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »
But it just points out, when the "gurus" are wildly bullish, sell. When even the leading "gurus" have thrown in the towel, buy.

Good advice !!! … I try to steer away from “gurus” but I do use multiple resources for investment strategy.

Nobody really knows what PM’s will do going forward but considering the recent run in silver/gold … I agree there is another correction coming so I decided to sell the 1,000 shares I purchased 60 days ago as I have a feeling there could be a lot of volatility in the next year.

I really didn’t make much money on the trade but $3,555 or 19% in 60 days is not a bad deal plus I think it may trade down below $20 again. 

Post back in June:
Quote from: comeaux
On a side note I took a break today from bullion and MCC … decided to pick up 1,000 shares of SLV at $19 which is an ETF that trades close to silver spot.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
>>>This unprecedented warning was issued just in time, as the plunge started in February..<<

NOBODY can call short term pm prices with reliability. After over a decade of strong growth it surprises NO ONE that pm's have pulled back. This doesn't mean most of us will be selling our numismatic coins. With the world's printing presses smoking and an unhinged US foreign policy I'm happy to buy pm's right now.

Offline davidt3251

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »
Manfred Zimmel has a verifiable track record. So while I enjoyt the entertainment value of gurus like Jim Rogers, Marc Faber, etc, its better to invest following a track record.

Here is his track record:
http://www.amanita.at/FAQ/FragenzudenangebotenenDienstleistungen/MittelfristigeTimerDigest-Signale/

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »
Manfred Zimmel has a verifiable track record. So while I enjoyt the entertainment value of gurus like Jim Rogers, Marc Faber, etc, its better to invest following a track record.

Here is his track record:
http://www.amanita.at/FAQ/FragenzudenangebotenenDienstleistungen/MittelfristigeTimerDigest-Signale/

"Enjoy the entertainment value of gurus like Jim Rogers, Marc Faber, etc"

LOL, I won't even touch that statement as it is too funny.

This Manfred Zimmel?
http://www.uacastrology.com/cgi-bin/speakers.cgi?STAFF=1157

Offline davidt3251

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »
Yes. I dont care so much for some of the astrology, but the trades have worked. I have been short the S&P, using options, all this month, from 1700, based on his trade recommendation. Very profitable.

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 10:01:31 PM »
Good advices!!! Life is too short for short-term market timing, except when "this time it's different." It's better to enjoy the entertainment by gurus.

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 10:16:21 PM »
Good advice !!! … I try to steer away from “gurus” but I do use multiple resources for investment strategy.

Nobody really knows what PM’s will do going forward but considering the recent run in silver/gold … I agree there is another correction coming so I decided to sell the 1,000 shares I purchased 60 days ago as I have a feeling there could be a lot of volatility in the next year.

I really didn’t make much money on the trade but $3,555 or 19% in 60 days is not a bad deal plus I think it may trade down below $20 again. 

Post back in June:

Hey nice little trade there Comeaux -
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline pandamania

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »
After making a nice run following Richard Russell`s latest, as suggested by some knowledgeable members of the Forum we appear to be entering a corrective phase. Currently, gold and silver prices are quite a bit higher than when he wrote his August 14 update.

There is a worrisome aspect to this move. Metal stocks began the move strongly leading metals to the upside in a near perfect inverse relationship to the stock market. However, this changed abruptly and dramatically and is no longer the case, a potentially troubling sign.

The stock market looks vulnerable and this is the time of the year that can produce massive declines. If the stock market does go down in a meaningful way as in 2008 will precious metal stocks again follow in sympathy? Would gold/silver prices also follow this time around? Would MCC prices be negatively affected?

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
At times, having a little insurance allows for more restful sleep.
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline pandacoins

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2013, 03:17:30 AM »
In a word... yes.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
D E M A N D    China's demand for gold is hard to believe at times but it is just beginning........

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1377892492.php

Offline pandacoins

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
Expect them to come out someday and say: "We have 10,000 tons of gold now." That might be a high number at present (or maybe not), but it's guaranteed they right now have a minimum 5,000 tons as I write this, even though their official statement is currently only 1,000

They are also importing a huge amount of silver as well. Partially due to their desire to corner the solar panel market.

D E M A N D    China's demand for gold is hard to believe at times but it is just beginning........

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1377892492.php