Author Topic: Chinese Silver Investment Going Parabolic  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
Chinese Silver Investment Going Parabolic
« on: November 02, 2011, 01:16:17 AM »

Article: http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/dan-collins/2011/11/01/chinese-silver-investment-going-parabolic

I do see it daily here in Taiwan how the public is encouraged by the media to invest in silver and gold, and I have seen this also in China. More and more people are becoming aware of the potential of this investment here in Asia. All my girlfriend's family (and they are not the investor type at all) buy a little silver every single month, and many of my colleagues as well. With the fundamentals of the silver's supply and demand and the fact that it is a relatively small market, it is pretty obvious that silver is going to be an explosive investment for the years to come. And with the monetary system currently showing big signs of instability, who knows, it might even take months and not even years.

I love Chinese modern coins very much and buy regularly but I keep on stacking silver and gold bullion very aggressively at the same time.

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Chinese Silver Investment Going Parabolic
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:39:37 AM »
Meanwhile in America...

Mr. and Mrs. Smith visit the local muffler repair shop to sell their gold, because there's a big sign on the shop that says "WE BUY GOLD". Of course, they buy gold and then ship it to the new upper class, the people who matter, the people who will have money when Americans do not.

Offline Gilmore

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:29:31 AM »
Meanwhile in America...

Mr. and Mrs. Smith visit the local muffler repair shop to sell their gold, because there's a big sign on the shop that says "WE BUY GOLD". Of course, they buy gold and then ship it to the new upper class, the people who matter, the people who will have money when Americans do not.

It is pretty amazing to see how people are aware of the value of gold and silver so they sell them because they are at all time highs (silver currently not, but still very high comparing to past years). Yet, many do not make the link or have any clue why precious metals get to these levels, the inflationary forces that drive them and the risk of financial meltdown that can create a price explosion. And this is when all the news channels worldwide are screaming that Europe is going bankrupt and the American debt is growing to an unbelievable levels.

I used to scream at my European colleagues: "Wake up people! Your paper money is worthless!", but I became to realize that it is simply a waste of breath. Some just cannot not get it.

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I am buying your gold.

Offline BChung

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:29:06 AM »
ooo so you are in Taiwan?

Can you tell me any places I can visit to buy Chinese Modern Coins? I know a few ebay dealers are in Taiwan so I suppose there is a market for these too in Taiwan also.

Offline lonemao

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 05:37:20 AM »
I will be in Taiwan this weekend, and I am eager to know too....

Offline Gilmore

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
ooo so you are in Taiwan?

Can you tell me any places I can visit to buy Chinese Modern Coins? I know a few ebay dealers are in Taiwan so I suppose there is a market for these too in Taiwan also.

Yes, I am a foreigner residing in Taiwan for the past few years.
Taiwanese are Chinese in many ways, they speak the same language, share the same culture, some holidays they celebrate are the same, believe in the same gods and so on. Some Taiwanese say that Taiwan is a part/province of China, others would not agree.

The modern Chinese coins market is strong and healthy in Taiwan. So prices are relatively high when compared to the American market. I am afraid I cannot help you with local dealers since I have never bought a coin from a shop in my life. I am an online shopper. I buy only online from anywhere in the world as the web provides many opportunities, different prices and different conditions of coins. Feel free to PM me if you want me to provide you the links for the local auction sites (it is all in Chinese).

By the way, USA is the best place to buy modern Chinese coins at the moment. The slowdown brought prices to such low levels that you may not see here in Taiwan or China.

Offline BChung

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
I see... same situation as Hong Kong then.... no bargains...