Author Topic: Beautiful varieties of 1921 YSK dollar  (Read 8461 times)

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Re: Beautiful varieties of 1921 YSK dollar
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »
Dear all,

This is another discover among YSK silver dollars family. On a picture nr 14 you can see another variety of YSK dollar 1921. What is outstanding in this piece? Nothing really special, except the fact that 2 chinese characters which mean in English "made" and "year" have something special. Let's focus on first chinese character. The shape is different then general issued one. The line which is below the part of this character which looks numer 4 is straight, not wavy shape, which we can notice on general issued YSK 1921. Now below this straight line, the next part of this character---which is in rectangle shape is thiner and wider than on thos YSK 1921 pieces general issued. The next character 年 "year" the part of this character---the line which should be horizontal is vertical and it is connected with upper and lower part of this whole chinese character. This is the key point of this variety. The coin weight: 26,6g and has 39mm in diameter. I suspect this is general issued one but because of mold reason this part of chinese character "nian" is vertical not horizontal one. This variety called "vertical "nian" character YSK 1921.

Sorry, IMO, this is a fake coin. The vertical line in year was added later. The eneven wear and uncharacteristic relief in many places suggesting this is not a genuine coin.

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
Re: Beautiful varieties of 1921 YSK dollar
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »
Dear poconopenn,

I respect your opinion and thank you for sharing it with me and everyone. I wouldn't say this coin is fake. But I would agree with you that vertical line in year was added later. That's possible.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)