Author Topic: The Dragon is out....  (Read 14580 times)

Offline Pandad

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Dragon is out....
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2011, 01:36:53 AM »
I was reading through a bunch of old posts and came across this coin that Badon was selling.  Notice the grade numbers he quotes in the listing.  The listing was posted on August 17.  Wow only 8 MS69s  currently there is 75 MS69s and 3 MS70.  What happened in the last 90 days that would increase the POP. by almost 1000%

For sale: 2000 2/3 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower dragon with box & COA graded and authenticated NGC PF69 ULTRA CAMEO. This is one of my favorite coins. Beautiful, culturally significant, low mintage, and high demand, while also rare in high grades. This coin continues to go up in value steadily. There are only 8 coins known in a high PF69 grade, and there are none finer. That makes this coin very hard to buy, but very easy to sell - a coin everyone wants, but few people have. The best part is that it's still affordable, for now. Its price may not stay within reach of ordinary people forever though, if it continues to climb as it has in the past.

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Dragon is out....
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »
There was an American (Chinese) seller that sold off around 50 to 100 of them in original 10 coin sheets. That was the largest hoard I know of. There were several other much smaller hoards of just 1 or 2 sheets. I don't remember seeing them all get sold individually though, so I think it's possible a substantial fraction of them are still sitting around in somebody's collection. Makes sense, since 2012 will be a much better time to sell. Over time, I'm sure those hoards will be thoroughly dispersed.

2000 dated coins are starting to seem old now, whereas before, they were nothing. I remember buying several silver ones for around $150 and feeling like I was "overpaying", like I usually do, haha :)