Author Topic: How to submit coins from outside of the USA?  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Gilmore

• Trade Count: (+6)
How to submit coins from outside of the USA?
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:30:16 PM »
What shipping method do you use from outside of the USA? Shipping the coins to NCS is not a problem, getting them back is not that easy as I imagined. NCS told me that for using Express mail I need to have an account with USPS but USPS does not allow foreigners to open accounts. NCS then recommended me registered mail which I am not so comfortable with.
Fedex said (I have a personal account) that since I am an individual and not a company, it is impossible for me to arrange a pick-up. NCS, only if they have a Fedex account, should prepare the shipment and documentation, ship it to me and provide my account number so I'll be charged for the cost.

I contacted NCS customer service by email several times. Their reply always was super short and not very informative.

I interested to learn from your experience what shipping method you find best.

Gilmore

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to submit coins from outside of the USA?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »
Express mail is my favorite. NCS will always ship via registered mail on the return trip, like you found out. I'm not sure how to get around those problems. I suggest calling them instead of emailing. They're much more responsive when you're on the phone than when you email.

Offline Gilmore

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 01:55:05 AM »
Yes, Express mail is my favorite too. It always arrives at its destination from my experience and I never lost even one package in the last few years. I used registered mail for the first time last July and the package I sent to Germany could not be traced although it had tracking number. 2 weeks ago it was found damaged in the customs. Luckily the 5 Oz panda was fine but the box was totally broken. I am not so sure I'd like to use this shipping method once again.

I'll give them a call as you suggest.

Regards, Gilmore

Offline Gilmore

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »
I called NCS and they agreed to ship back the coins by Express mail. This is good news but no insurance will be available.

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »
I'm glad to hear you were able to get NCS to ship express for you. Let us know when you get your coins back safely.

Offline Pandagongzi

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »
Gilmore,  did you get your coins back?  How did you convince them?  If express was selected on the form,  would NGC ship it back by express?

Offline Gilmore

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »
Gilmore,  did you get your coins back?  How did you convince them?  If express was selected on the form, would NGC ship it back by express?

I submitted some coins to NCS + NGC and got them back by Express mail. In the Return Shipping section the USPS Express Mail check-box has to be selected. Account number and insurance limit should be left blank. Just be aware that there is no insurance on the return shipping and NCS/NGC does not take responsibility for lost or damaged package.