Author Topic: China's Gold Policy vs. U.S.  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
China's Gold Policy vs. U.S.
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »
I am sure many forum members are already aware of China's apparent agenda with regard to precious metals and resources.
Here is a well written article on the subject By Lois Golino from coinweek:

http://www.coinweek.com/bullion-report/the-coin-analyst-china’s-gold-policy-and-alleged-u-s-government-suppression-of-gold-prices/

"China is the largest gold producer and buyer in the world. It has long sought to have the dollar replaced by a new international currency centered on the Chinese Renminbi." - Golino

PH

Edit by badon: fixed link
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:13:28 PM by badon »

Offline exchange

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: China's Gold Policy vs. U.S.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
I am sure many forum members are already aware of China's apparent agenda with regard to precious metals and resources.

http://www.coinweek.com/bullion-report/the-coin-analyst-china’s-gold-policy-and-alleged-u-s-government-suppression-of-gold-prices/

"China is the largest gold producer and buyer in the world. It has long sought to have the dollar replaced by a new international currency centered on the Chinese Renminbi." - Golino

PH

Very interesting aticle.

exchange

Edit by badon: fixed quote
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:20:21 PM by badon »

Offline exchange

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »
Very interesting aticle.

exchange

also not like we did not know it anyway!

exchange

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:53:55 PM by badon »

Offline Grip

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:43:37 PM »

http://www.coinweek.com/bullion-report/the-coin-analyst-china’s-gold-policy-and-alleged-u-s-government-suppression-of-gold-prices/[/url
PH

This is the beginning of true price discovery for PM's as China establishes it's bullion trade. They want to tie their currency to gold/silver. This is one of the reasons I first looked at Yuan denominated coins. The Yuan will eventually be gold backed and perhaps the next reserve currency. We live in interesting times..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:52:03 PM by Grip »

Offline badon

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »
I look at it similarly, but with one key difference. I don't think the denomination will matter once the fiat is recognized as worthless. That's why many very valuable coins are coins that actually have no denomination other than the weight of the metal it is made from. Dinars, thalers, and dollars; kuan, yuan, yen, and won - they're all measured the same way, originally AND inevitably.