Linked Events

• Long Beach Expo 2011 June 2-4: June 02, 2011 - June 04, 2011

Author Topic: Long Beach Expo 2011 June 2 to 4  (Read 2276 times)

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:08:31 PM by badon »

Offline smbgaiden

Re: Long Beach Expo 2011 June 2 to 4
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
Previously in another thread regarding the same, someone had mentioned that NGC will be on-site and there's benefits to such presence.

Being naive, I have imagined a few, but am unable to feel confidence in whether I have imagined along the lines that the experts may think. It went unanswered, possibly because it got lost in the mass response of PeterPanda's return resulting in many new threads at the same time. I figure this thread may be a decent place to revive the query in case anyone has their experience to share.

Do the advantages include:
- An honest on the spot recommendation of whether a submission is fixable by NCS?
- An honest on the spot recommendation of likelihood of receiving a grading for a potential submission
- Price break?
- Less hassle with shipping rules?
- Others?

Appreciate learning from your experiences!

Offline badon

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
I suggest you start a topic dedicated to your question so people can find it. Tacking it on to other topics reduces the number of people who see it that might be able to answer your question.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
There is a price break on shipping out...
Coins get to NCS/NGC faster.
They usually don't provide recommendations at shows but just accept coins.
You mat take your coins to reputable dealers or friends and ask tem but then you are just getting an opinion.
Remember with modern Chinese coins it is usually best to NCS everything.
The regular post can be rough with coins, direct submission can reduce wear on 70 candidates.
Very expensive items may be too expensive to ship in the mail if you don't have business insurance. Submitting them at a show puts them into NGC hands and into their insurance unil you get them back in the mail or at another show for pick up.