Author Topic: Chinese 1920(9 years) fat man yuan shih kai silver coin with die clash error????  (Read 44282 times)

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
Dear chinese_item,

You are welcome. Yes, there are a lot of varieties from different provinces in China.
1.Gansu Yuan Shih Kai dollar dated 1914 is the most common.
2. Tibet Yuan Shih Kai dollar dated 1914 is also common made in 1950s by communsits.
3. Hainan Yuan Shih Kai dollar dated 1920.
4. Xinjiang Yuan Shih Kai dollar dated 1914 is more rare than Gansu type.
5. Shandong Yuan Shih Kai dollar dated 1914 is much more rare than Xinjiang type (the price is 9000 - 10000 RMB nowadays!)

6. There are also others varieties issued by warlords after Yuan Shih Kai (Hung-hsien) died. But it is hard to verify them.

7. There are also contemporary counterfeit, like Hunan Type which means that it was made at the same time as the original circulating coin Yuan Shih Kai dollar dated 1914. Such of coins are even more valuable than general issued. Even Hunan type is contemporary counterfeit but it was made in 1914, so the price is higher.

Please do not understand me wrong. Hainan, Xinjiang, Shandong and Gansu are not contemporary counterfeits. Those are just varieties from different provinces from China. But Hunan type is such of case, is contemporary counterfeits but it was issued in the same time when general YSK dollar 1914 was issued. Take a look on a picutre of YSK 1914 Hunan type.
This coin weight only: 25,4g and diameter is: 39,2mm.
By the way I am not small coin dealer from US. I am European coin dealer from Shanghai.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)

Offline chinese_item

• Trade Count: (0)
HI,KONDI

Sorry for misunderstanding you are a small coin dealer from united states.I believe you are a big dealer from shanghai and your business must be very good over there.May god bless you and I pray for you.Since you have mentioned the rareness of those yuan shih kai silver dollar coin variations but you did not mention about the rareness of the hainan yuan shih kai silver dollar coin,how about the the rareness of this coin?Rare or common piece?Why is it only one dated which is 1920?Hope to hear from you soon and thank you so much.

Offline KONDi

Dear chinese_item,

There are 2 hainan variations of YSK dollar 1920. The one which you have is a crude type, which is more heavier than 27,5-27,6g. Such of coin is more rare than Gansu and Tibet variety of YSK 1914. However Xinjiang variety and Shandong variety are much more rare than Hainan YSK dated 1920. Why there are only 2 coins and both dated 1920?
Unfortunately, I can't explain you this. But I can tell you that no matter which coin dealer you will ask in China who sells genuine silver chinese coins or some coin experts from auction house they can tell you that this is Hainan variety.
As I told you there are 2 Hainan variations of YSK dollar dated 1920. One is crude type which you have. The price of such of coin here in China is from 1400-2500 RMB even. The second one Hainan variation is also made in Hainan but is more common coin and it easy to find it here. Such of details like hair and others are on the surface of the coin are very clear, also it is easy to grade such of coin bu NGC/PCGS and others. The price of the common Hainan variety is from 900-1200 RMB here, depends on condition. Let me show you the picture of common variety which is more common than Tibet and Gansu variety.
HI,KONDI

Sorry for misunderstanding you are a small coin dealer from united states.I believe you are a big dealer from shanghai and your business must be very good over there.May god bless you and I pray for you.Since you have mentioned the rareness of those yuan shih kai silver dollar coin variations but you did not mention about the rareness of the hainan yuan shih kai silver dollar coin,how about the the rareness of this coin?Rare or common piece?Why is it only one dated which is 1920?Hope to hear from you soon and thank you so much.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline KONDi

This is second common Hainan variety (pictures below)
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline chinese_item

HI,KONDI

Yes,the yuan shih kai hair and detail are very clear showing on the scans of this coin.Beside that,it does not have the die clash rainbow exactly right below the yuan and probably it is another hainan variety like what you mentioned on above there.Anyway,I know everything about my hainan yuan shih kai silver dollar coin because of you.Once again,Thank you so much for helping me over here.

Offline KONDi

You are welcome.
HI,KONDI

Yes,the yuan shih kai hair and detail are very clear showing on the scans of this coin.Beside that,it does not have the die clash rainbow exactly right below the yuan and probably it is another hainan variety like what you mentioned on above there.Anyway,I know everything about my hainan yuan shih kai silver dollar coin because of you.Once again,Thank you so much for helping me over here.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline PhilMunch

I recently bought 6 Chinese coins, all large "silver" in color, 4 of them are yuan shih kai Fat man Dollar varities, with 1914, 1919, 1920 dates, the 2 others are Dragon Coins .. one with just a Dragon on one side, the other with a misspelled province,   HE-PEH PROVINCE, instead of HU-PEH , looks like this ... http://www.silver-coins.org/chinese_dragon_hu-peh_province.html

All weigh 0.7 ounces
All magnetic

Does these mean they are ALL Fakes ? Are any real coins from this era magnetic ?

They are such cool coins, love the Large Chinese Silver Coins

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Offline KONDi

Dear PhilMunch,

If those all 6 coins are magnetic, then those are all fakes for sure.
Those YSK dollars or Dragon dollars were made with silver, and silver is non-magnetic metal, so you can be sure that those are modern fakes. There are some varieties of YSK 1914 dollar which were made by warlords, like Gansu variety, Sinkiang variety, Shandong variety and other unverified vatieties of YSK 1914 dollar which for example content only 8% of silver, but they are still non-magnetic coin. Maybe you can post pictures of your 6 coins here, then I can say more about your coins.

I recently bought 6 Chinese coins, all large "silver" in color, 4 of them are yuan shih kai Fat man Dollar varities, with 1914, 1919, 1920 dates, the 2 others are Dragon Coins .. one with just a Dragon on one side, the other with a misspelled province,   HE-PEH PROVINCE, instead of HU-PEH , looks like this ... http://www.silver-coins.org/chinese_dragon_hu-peh_province.html

All weigh 0.7 ounces
All magnetic

Does these mean they are ALL Fakes ? Are any real coins from this era magnetic ?

They are such cool coins, love the Large Chinese Silver Coins

Thanks in advance,

Phil

KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline PhilMunch

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:12:26 PM by PhilMunch »

Offline PhilMunch

Coin 4 is another 1919 YSK Silver Coin ... Note the die marks on the Front, near upper collar and on unifrom and to the Left, same as the other 1919
 Reeded Edge:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Front:

Back:

Offline dragondollar

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Dragon Dollar & Chinese Coins
Those are low grade fakes, similar to the 2 dragon dollars you posted in another topic.

Offline PhilMunch

Those are low grade fakes, similar to the 2 dragon dollars you posted in another topic.

Worthless, Eh ? I will use them as Poker Chips in my next game !!!!  Thanks for your replies, take care

Phil

Offline Shamota

Republic, Yuan Shih-Kai Silver Dollar.1914. The gurte eat inscription L.Georgi. How often it occurs ? Is this a rare coin. ?

http://s018.radikal.ru/i500/1201/2a/573d2fd8745c.jpg[/img]

Offline Shamota

Republic, Yuan Shih-Kai Silver Dollar, 1914.The gurte eat inscription L.Georgi. How often it occurs ? Is this a rare coin. ?

http://s017.radikal.ru/i415/1202/31/defe6bbb509e.jpg

http://s017.radikal.ru/i409/1202/74/5b9eadbb7034.jpg
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:15:21 AM by Shamota »

Offline KONDi

Dear Shamota,

Your links don't want to open. Everything is in Russian. Are you Russian?
Please post image of your coin/coins so I can say something about them.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com