Author Topic: 1989 3.3 oz silver god of war and wealth varieties discovered by reiboy of CCF  (Read 53532 times)

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
I think both coins need the right kind of buyer. And most probably that buyer would want the best...so probably 69 will go first, but may be after some price negotiation.

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
E. Neither will sell within a month ... not at asked prices anyway.
We're in our annual summer slow-down, remember?

Offline badon

I think you may be right. I think they will not sell until later in the year, and then they'll sell for either higher prices, or everyone will wish they had bought them when they had the chance. Seriously.

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
I have the hunch that as soon as the 68's seller's cash-flow improves, he will with-draw the coin from the market. Just a hunch :-)

Offline badon

Yeah, super clouded coins are worth holding if you don't need cash. I think we'll be shocked at what they're worth once PeterPanda at PandaAmerica gets NGC to certify them.

Offline catfury

Maybe, It is NOT about the clouds...:-)
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »
Hello, I am a new forum user just to say Hi first.
I found a post by Chinese coin collector dated back in 2008, discussing about the varieties of God of wealth silver medal. Take some time a read it carefully... I personally believe the result is more than the clouds...

A picture is more than a thousand words... can you see the difference found by Chinese people ? they called it "First Version" and "Second Version".. 

Hints:
1. Look at the Chinese Characters on Top of the Reverse ( it is the year in chinese, it could be the Only most important difference that separates two varieties)
2. Look at the Chinese Characters(font type used) in rounded circles (the circle itself is different)
3. there is actually more pictures I found but I think it is enough

Thanks for reading.. See you all soon..

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
This is very interesting catfury! Thanks for sharing this info on this forum. All the ones listed on eBay are the First Version as per your pictures.

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
Is that photo of an actual coin of the Second Version? Are there really no characters on the obverse (front side) in the 16 squares? And that is a very nicely toned coin :-)

Underbidder

Hey-I got a Five Toed, Mirror, Raised Shield, Lettered, Super Clear but Slightly Clouded Claw ! How much is THAT puppy worth?  From the fourth limited run of 10,000 !
  :001_tt2:

Hey Badon, what new changes are ya gonna stamp out in your garage next run?  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:41:07 AM by Underbidder »

Offline catfury

Pandora, the "purple"ish medal in the picture is a different medal, not toned.. it is 1993 version of God of Wealth Bronze medal. :-)   

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
That Bronze medal looks very good.

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
Hey-I got a Five Toed, Mirror, Raised Shield, Lettered, Super Cumulus Cloud ! How much is THAT puppy worth?  From the fourth limited run of 10,000 !
  :001_tt2:

Hey Badon, what new changes are ya gonna stamp out in your garage next run?  :biggrin:

Hmmm...I didn't get the "Cumulus" in Super Cumulus Cloud...:-)

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
Catfury, can you tell us more on the Second Version - like when was it minted, what mintage, etc.

Underbidder

Ok, changed it.  See, it's a Sub-type of Cloud, see? A Variety...   Never mind.  Gone.

And Oh! I neglected to specify the Metal! Silver, bronze... Any more?  Cupro-nickel?  Copper?  Badon?  Whatcha working with next, hmmm?  :biggrin:

Offline badon

Those are all clear claw varieties. We thought that was the most common one, but now we have many new types we have to figure out! I have never seen any of those but the most common one.