Author Topic: Small Twig Micro Date 1995 cache legit?  (Read 2635 times)

Underbidder

• Trade Count: (0)
Small Twig Micro Date 1995 cache legit?
« on: March 01, 2011, 11:53:05 AM »
Are these legit? 1995 Small Twig Micro date?  Seller looks reputable, coins are attached and appear legit, none of the obvious usual flashing red lights to my eyes...

ebay 220747837021

Offline badon

Re: Small Twig Micro Date 1995 cache legit?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
Looks like somebody grabbed them already.

Underbidder

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »
Yeah, that'd be me  :001_rolleyes:  I'm just wondering if the experts think they're the real deal.  They look real to me.

Offline badon

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »
They're a bit shinier than I'm used to, which is sometimes a red flag, but considering the seller, I think it's likely they're genuine. I don't own these, so I can't vouch for the authenticity of the coins in the photos, but I'm sure PandaCollector or poconopenn will wander over here eventually...

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »
The Small (micro) dates look real to me. They are usually dull-looking but occasionally come with a nicer luster like these. There are 14 coins in the overall photo: 8 Micro dates and 6 Large Dates. The question is which variety are you buying? The text just says 1995 silver Panda with no reference to variety. Sometimes sellers show one variety but send another and aren't even aware of the difference between the coins. It's not a scam just lack of knowledge. These are very good looking coins; I hope this works out for you, Underbidder.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
http://www.pandacollector.com

Underbidder

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
Coins arrived and they are real.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with them, actually.  They just popped up and I recalled reading about them in Peter's writings. The  six large dates I took just so as to make sure I received the  eight micro dates.  I'm not really a silver collector, but I suppose I should send them in right away for conservation and grading?

Underbidder

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:01:56 PM »
There's not a lot of activity on these micro dates lately to judge by, but seems the asking price is $375 for a MS67 and a cool $575 for a MS69? Nice for a non proof!  :001_cool:

Offline badon

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »
Conservation and grading is the right thing to do, in my opinion. The micro date is the key, right?

Underbidder

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:55:06 PM »
Yup.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »
Coins arrived and they are real.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with them, actually.  They just popped up and I recalled reading about them in Peter's writings. The  six large dates I took just so as to make sure I received the  eight micro dates.  I'm not really a silver collector, but I suppose I should send them in right away for conservation and grading?

Very cool, congratulations. Yours is the first group of so many Microdates that I've seen for sale in several years. I keep expecting the high prices to draw more coins out of hiding but obviously not everyone, including the seller of these coins, has heard about them yet.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
http://www.pandacollector.com

Underbidder

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »
Thanks to you, Peter!  You are the ultimate guide to help us on our worldwide treasure hunts. :thumbup1: