Author Topic: 2001"D" Silver Panda-A Sleeper??  (Read 142780 times)

joeman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2001"D" Silver Panda-A Sleeper??
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »
OK here is one more photo I had a friend take probably not much better, sorry but this is the best I can do feel free to delete these if they are just wasting bandwidth. And just to clear any confusion I did NOT get these from Joeman mine are from a different source fairly recently, and I do not know about NBMs source. There is also another side by side comparison on SS from another member I believe did get it from Joeman .And yes I still have 2 in OMP. So while I do think this is a very scarce variety there is other examples out there and in my opinion this is 100% legitimate and genuine variety. I have been in the jewelry and PM  business for over 20 years and coins for over 8 years , I have seen all kinds of plated metals and this is definatly not a plated silver coin . To me it would be extremely unlikely that a counterfeiter would produce such a high quality coin out of real silver on a 2001d (which is not a really rare or valuable coin in the first place) in Shenzhen omp with mintslip, just to sell a few 100 or however many exist most probably still in China, and then to have them fool the highly experienced graders at NCS and NGC in several instances. I do understand why people here, very experienced and long time experts in the field of MCC would be skeptical and want some solid proof but at some point we just have to accept the facts. I will be listing one of these on ebay probably tomorrow along with some others and for anyone who wants to get to the bottom of this and see it in person please bid and bid high, LOL , and if you win it feel free to cut it in half , melt it , douse it with acid , XRF or whatever you would like until your heart is content. I just hope I do not get any emails on my auction how this coin is fake because they read it on CCf ect. ,. I really do appreciate all the comments and info on this thread and sorry if I have posted to much here. I wish all of you the best!
 yep the guy on silverstackers got the ms68 from me he won it in an auction i ran over there ,and silverstar did not get his coins from me.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2012, 12:01:01 AM »
The best comparative photos have been posted by a Winfell on silverstackers showing both the 2001-D Small and Large Dates, with nice photo detail and resolution.

After scanning them and transfering them into my PIPE (proprietary image processesing evaluator) It has been determined without a doubt, without question, a "Fake" judgement was reached on the Large Date.

Joke there.     Com'on, where's your sense of humor?    N16

Good photos, reveals a few real differences still exist. Preponderance of the evidence towards "real" shifts upward somewhat IMO.  This is either a rare valuable find, or terrific fakes. Either way, interesting stuff.

Would someone - (Joeman/ Silverstar) be willing to send one (with deposit bond, naturally I'd provide) to Poconopenn and/ or Pandacollector for a thorough exam?

"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

joeman

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »
hi

joeman

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2012, 12:08:04 AM »
the coins are real

joeman

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »
case closed yet boys:)

joeman

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2012, 12:19:21 AM »
now you want my opinion ,which basically is like arse holes everyone has got one:)  they mint probably switched dies ,saw the mistake , and pulled them........... i have graded over 150 2001d all of them have come from the shenzhen mint, but one thing I can tell you for sure and i know you guys are all experts......... these coins are no way, no how, fake.................. it is a ridiculous assumption ,it does not make economic sense for someone to fake a coin in an 8 dollar spot market ,18 months after issue ,with real silver ,and in 2003 these coins you could buy for $1.50 over spot............... ?? and for sure the coins i graded where bought in peking in 2003

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2012, 12:20:39 AM »
Nice photos- thanks Joeman!

We keeping getting better information, which is good.

Oddly, with each photo, I see both increased support for "real", and increased support for "questionable".

I'll leave the final say to the top experts : Poconopenn and Pandacollector.

Joeman would you agree to sending one of your coins to one of these experts?

Confucius

joeman

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2012, 12:26:59 AM »
hi
Deposit bond :):):) I would get your credit card balance squared away and bid on brother when silverstar puts his up for auction good luck silverstar!!  ,I will stay away from your auction , I dont want anyone thinking Im shilling your coin as I own several ,BUT LET IT BE KNOWN HERE AND NOW ,I BELIEVE THEY HAVE A HIGH PROBABILITY OF BECOMING VERY VALUABLE ,SO I WILL NOT BID TILL THE LAST FEW SECONDS ,IF YOUR COIN IS GOING CHEAP I AM GOING TO TRY AND BUY IT ...............AS LONG AS YOUR COOL WITH THAT silverstar

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »
now you want my opinion ,which basically is like arse holes everyone has got one:)  they mint probably switched dies ,saw the mistake , and pulled them........... i have graded over 150 2001d all of them have come from the shenzhen mint, but one thing I can tell you for sure and i know you guys are all experts......... these coins are no way, no how, fake.................. it is a ridiculous assumption ,it does not make economic sense for someone to fake a coin in an 8 dollar spot market ,18 months after issue ,with real silver ,and in 2003 these coins you could buy for $1.50 over spot............... ?? and for sure the coins i graded where bought in peking in 2003

I agree with one of your suppositions, and disagree with the other.  Ok, maybe I dont understand one, and disagree witht the other.

What mistake would the mint see and then later change?
And yes, although it seems uneconomical to fake a recent coin, it could be done years later.
It is apparent you have not been the custodian the whole time since 2003, but a "trusted" source. I can't tell you how many times a "trusted" source has made an honest mistake.
Nor can I tell you how many times a supposed "reputable seller" has been found to be otherwise.

Again, I hope these are found authentic.  It just seems like there are still unanswered questions
Which I hope to see answered soon, for the benefit and education of all.
Thank you for your patience.

Confucius

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2012, 12:29:47 AM »
Deposit bond :):):) I would get your credit card balance squared away and bid on brother when silverstar puts his up for auction good luck silverstar!!  ,I will stay away from your auction , I dont want anyone thinking Im shilling your coin as I own several ,BUT LET IT BE KNOWN HERE AND NOW ,I BELIEVE THEY HAVE A HIGH PROBABILITY OF BECOMING VERY VALUABLE ,SO I WILL NOT BID TILL THE LAST FEW SECONDS ,IF YOUR COIN IS GOING CHEAP I AM GOING TO TRY AND BUY IT ...............AS LONG AS YOUR COOL WITH THAT silverstar

No Joeman, I am not asking to bid these up in an auction.

I am asking you to provide a coin to experts Poconopenn and/ or Pandacollector so they can examine and give the top expert opinion.

Are you in?  If not, why not?

Confucius

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2012, 12:32:38 AM »
Could you please post a picture of the edge/reeds of the coin?
This is an important part of the equation.

Offline Panda Halves

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2012, 12:36:37 AM »
Like this gold one... N20

joeman

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2012, 12:59:45 AM »
Could you please post a picture of the edge/reeds of the coin?
This is an important part of the equation.
  who is panda collector?? Peter Anthony??   if it is him sure why not ??  you guys are stubborn:)  photographer (wife) is in bed, so reed pics tommorow  :)    oh and all your BS about  "It is apparent you have not been the custodian the whole time since 2003, but a "trusted" source. I can't tell you how many times a "trusted" source has made an honest mistake.
Nor can I tell you how many times a supposed "reputable seller" has been found to be otherwise."       Just let me say this for the last time I got these coins from a life long friend........... who has been collecting mcc for over 20 years ,they came EXACTLY

joeman

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2012, 01:01:21 AM »
where I said they came from ,so don't be borderline insulting ok buddy?

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2012, 01:13:09 AM »
where I said they came from ,so don't be borderline insulting ok buddy?

Not insulting...and not BS...
People make mistakes... Me, you, even your trusted "where I said they came from",
( but you actually didnt say where they came from).
Don't get unsupportedly righteously indignant on me, and I wont be "borderline insulting"on you, agreed?  N40 LOL!

Truth is, you didnt have these in your possesion, so you can't personally vouch for certain, and your source may have made an honest mix-up.  So please dont get all certain on something beyond your control.  I can understand your trust in this source, its just evident you personally havent seen these in the safe since 2003, you are just getting that from someone else, so your support on that is groundless. It's "hearsay" unless you've seen it yourself, BTW.

Sheesh! I am willing to give you that lots looks right with these.

So will you be helpful and send one of yours to Poconopenn or Pandacollector to examine?
And yes, PandaCollector is Peter Anthony.
You'd be much admired and loved if you sent it.  N18

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:30:16 AM by Hipanda »

Confucius