Author Topic: 2001"D" Silver Panda-A Sleeper??  (Read 140686 times)

Offline silverstar1

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: 2001"D" Silver Panda-A Sleeper??
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
I know of between 110-120 of these right now,I would guess at least half of these will end up being graded in the coming months. There could be a hoard of them somewhere out there but I cant see more than a few hunderd as of now but who knows it is a very interesting variety especially since it has taken 11+ years to be discovered . Nice score on the ms70 geoxxx! Yeah read this whole thread it is very interesting in a few ways.. Probably the best info you will find out there  now on this variety.

Offline silverstar1

« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2012, 12:06:53 AM »
"+1 to your karma, let's not be too harsh on the new member"

Hey Geoxxx dont worry about the silly bad karma thing, they did it to me and everyone who had any of these 2001 sm date pandas, I dont really know exactly why .... N37

Offline geoxxx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2012, 05:04:46 AM »
Thank you
I appreciate the feedback and the kindness to let me know
THANKS AGAIN

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
 :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:
"+1 to your karma, let's not be too harsh on the new member"

Hey Geoxxx dont worry about the silly bad karma thing, they did it to me and everyone who had any of these 2001 sm date pandas, I dont really know exactly why .... N37

Funny How I told Geo the same thing and immediately got banged with the silly Karma thing. I expect more for this post. I'll go negative today for sure. BIG DEAL. Maybe I should begin banging peoples post I disagree with?javascript:void(0);

Anyway I am one that believes that many more 2001 d's will appear and drive the price down. I remember when the 2000 Mirrors were going for about 2k. The price has now been cut in half. The 2000 as a millennium year should bring a premium too. I appreciate everyone's opinions. We can all learn from others opinions. No one is 100% correct(except maybe poconopenn :)))javascript:void(0);

Geo I welcome you and appreciate any opinion regarding CMC's you may espouse.

I must now go duck and cover for this post. ;)javascript:void(0);

Offline geoxxx

« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
looks like talking karma is a big taboo
I think we are both going to get slammed for even bringing it up
Bu that you for explaining how it works...i had no idea what it was before
I am selling my 2 x 2001 small d's on ebay   
I'll see how it goes

Offline silverstar1

« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »
There is a few on ebay seems like the same sellers, but there is one 261148308773 that at least in the picture is definitly not the small d version, either the seller does not know or is trying to be deceptive , I have tried to contact the seller and it says they can not receive messages due to high message volume??

Offline geoxxx

« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »
The NGC coins on Ebay are mine
The other is surely not a small D

Offline GDG's

« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »
There is a few on ebay seems like the same sellers, but there is one 261148308773 that at least in the picture is definitly not the small d version, either the seller does not know or is trying to be deceptive , I have tried to contact the seller and it says they can not receive messages due to high message volume??

I also tried to contact the seller. Weird. I never had that happen that I wasn't allowed to ask questions from a seller. Anyway I contacted ebay about it. I would hate to see somebody get taken advantage of on this coin.

I personally like to buy direct from reputable dealers and members right here. This way both parties are happier avoiding ebay/paypal exorbitant fees.

Offline geoxxx

« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »
Thanks
Ive never sold anything on here
Maybe a small D will be the first
you're a good guy...appreciate the support

Offline silverstar1

« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2012, 02:32:25 PM »
I also tried to contact the seller. Weird. I never had that happen that I wasn't allowed to ask questions from a seller. Anyway I contacted ebay about it. I would hate to see somebody get taken advantage of on this coin.

I personally like to buy direct from reputable dealers and members right here. This way both parties are happier avoiding ebay/paypal exorbitant fees.
Yeah this is strange I have never had this message before on ebay either. I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt that it was just a mistake , but given the wording of "super rare variety" in the listing and the asking price I would think they would make sure they know what they are selling , I would hate to see a buyer get deceived by this .
As a side note and not to turn this into a ebay quirks thread , a few days ago I tried to buy a 2008 ms 70 silver panda on ebay listed at $350 and I had a 5% ebay bucks that day , when I tried to buy it it said the seller was on vacation and would not let me buy it , then I looked again a day later and it was at $450 and would let me buy it just fine?? (which of course I did not) I dont know what is going on with ebay or if sellers can somehow tweak their listing like this.

Offline silverstar1

« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2012, 02:37:16 PM »
Thanks
Ive never sold anything on here
Maybe a small D will be the first
you're a good guy...appreciate the support
I would be very careful trying to sell the 2001 small d here , another member did that a while back and caught holy hell for it.. Just a heads up.
I have dealt with you before on ebay a while back and from what I remember I was very happy with the coins you sent!

Offline geoxxx

« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2012, 02:41:54 PM »
Thanks Silver.... God...I don't want to burn for offering a small D :crying:

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
I would be very careful trying to sell the 2001 small d here , another member did that a while back and caught holy hell for it.. Just a heads up.
I have dealt with you before on ebay a while back and from what I remember I was very happy with the coins you sent!

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7471.0

Read the B.S.T. rules carefully, as not to incur the wrath   N26  (personally, I think giving you a "smite" for not knowing the rules is abusing the karma system)

Rule #1 clearly states that "Sellers must have at least 25 posts and must have been a member for at least 30 days to participate in B.S.T. forum."

.... which will exclude both you and geoxxx from participating from the B.S.T. forum for awhile.   N30

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
correct i do have a 70
The "French Connection"!  :laugh:
Welcome Geo, you are amongst friends.  ;)

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2012, 03:33:23 PM »
The "French Connection"!  :laugh:
Welcome Geo, you are amongst friends.  ;)

The "French Connection" ...LOL  :laugh: My favorite movie !!