Author Topic: Panda's With or Without?  (Read 208 times)

Offline GuyMc

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Panda's With or Without?
« on: August 01, 2020, 05:20:47 PM »
I am getting some of my collection ready for sale. Over the years I sent a lot of coins to NGC and accumulated a box full of the original coin boxes and COA's. A question came up for me. Will I get more money for a graded coin along with the original box and COA or if I just sell the coins. boxes and COA's separately?

Also, the people that by COA's separately. Are these people pairing the COA's with counterfeit coins? If that who is buying these COA's I might not be inclined to sell them. I can't imagine why someone would want to buy a separate COA unless they have that coin and want the COA to go with it.

GM

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
Re: Panda's With or Without?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »
Can you list the box/coa you want to sell?    There are collectors for them to add to their graded Chinese.     You could get a higher price for graded w/ box/coa but someone else would know more....

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 07:28:25 PM »
I have more 1983 and 1985 silver pandas than I have COAs to accompany them, so I could theoretically be a buyer of COAs/boxes as separate entities.

Offline GuyMc

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 04:00:54 PM »
Mirkkanen... I have the same issue so I don't think I want to sell those years
Pandamonium...still trying to figure out better to have the COA's and boxes with coins or sell separately before listing them. I am going to renew my subscription to Peter's pricing service to see if he addresses this at all. I don't remember that being the case however.

I do know I have COA's and boxes for the 3 palladium panda's ..1989, 2004 & 2005 as I sold the coins when palladium skyrocketed so if anyone wants those they are available.

Offline Jens

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 04:07:44 PM »
The pricepedia doesn't list different prices for MSxx and MSxx + Box/COA.
Personally i would be willing to pay more for a coin with box+coa, but there are of course also people who only care for the slabbed coin.
I'm not sure if selling coins and boxes/coas seperately makes sense considering the amount of work and expenses involved.