Author Topic: [SELLING] RARE Szechuan dollar variety - 乖乖龙  (Read 182 times)

Offline dragondollar

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Dragon Dollar & Chinese Coins
[SELLING] RARE Szechuan dollar variety - 乖乖龙
« on: February 22, 2020, 11:46:06 AM »
Hello,

I'm selling a very rare Szechuan dollar, a 乖乖龙. This is a very rare variety, with less than 10 coins found in China and only 2 available outside the country - mine, and the plate coin of the 1st edition of the book 川龙荟萃, the reference on Szechuan dollars. My coin is the plate coin for the variety in the 2nd edition and has the best preserved dragon scales and denticles of all known specimen. This variety is part of the 异面龙 (abnormal dragons), which have very distinctive looks compared to any other varieties. Although they are undated, they are likely to have been minted circa 1903 from studying the dies and styles of the other varieties.

Here is a link to the eBay sale : https://www.ebay.fr/itm/RARE-Szechuan-dollar-plate-coin/143538926800

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: [SELLING] RARE Szechuan dollar variety - 乖乖龙
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 03:25:46 PM »
Why not get it graded before selling?  There are so many fakes of these types of coins that grading really adds value and gives you protection against someone filing a claim months later. 

Offline dragondollar

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Dragon Dollar & Chinese Coins
Re: [SELLING] RARE Szechuan dollar variety - 乖乖龙
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 12:55:33 PM »
@KeyData1/2ozPandas : I have kept most of my rare Szechuan coins raw mostly because PCGS does not (yet) acknowledge these varieties, and most of them would likely get a Environment damage grade. Also, the fact that it was used to illustrate the best book on Szechuan coins is actually a stronger guarantee than a PCGS slab.