Author Topic: just saying hello!!  (Read 628 times)

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+14)
just saying hello!!
« on: January 21, 2020, 03:39:34 PM »
Still alive here. went to the bank box the other day ..looked at my collection ...still makes me smile ..i have not sold a coin..  nice to read the threads ! just saying Hi everyone

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
Re: just saying hello!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 04:47:56 PM »
 N40

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 08:15:48 AM »
 :thumbup1:

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 04:48:17 PM »
 :thumbup:

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:04:58 AM »
I do not want to rain on anyone's parade but caution is always good.       Google to "lock box confiscation".    Use other similar words to read more articles/testimony.      Lock box confiscation does happen in the US too.       Debtors, w/ the right paperwork can look up your lock box, go to the bank and they will surrender the contents.      Can a smart crook steal someone's identity and create fake debts owed, then raid your lock box?    I lost trust of the US banks' lock boxes years ago.......

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 09:10:11 AM »
agree ...but the problem with home storage is ...google folks opening up large gun safes with giant heavy duty crowbars ,....  they can get in a $3000 gun safe inside of 15 minutes:( .......  and then you got the problem of someone finding out you are a coin / collectible /gun.... collector ..coming to your house with guns and mask and endangering your family  ....thats the downside to home storage

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »
I agree but what are safe alternatives unless you have property way out in the boonies, which is a great idea.   
Google to "gold home storage" or other words similar.    Lots of articles.
Here is one by Gold Silver "How to store gold at home".

There has got to be a creative answer.     Lots of dangers like outer home walls that a metal detector can locate if stored there.   Where there is a will.....       For me banks would be the last option....

Offline wg

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 03:59:39 AM »
..     For me banks would be the last option....

N40

..Most financial assets today are digital. Whether you have a bank account, stocks, bonds or any other financial asset, all you have is a digital entry. In 2018 in the UK financial companies saw a fivefold increase, compared to 2017, in data breaches or cyber attacks.

Just in April 2018, seven UK retail banks, including Santander, Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays and Tesco Bank, had to limit or shut down their systems after sustained attacks. Losses are major and the cost to repair the systems are substantial.

And it will get worse. Executives at leading UK banks and payment companies say that they are under constant fire from attackers..

https://goldswitzerland.com/safest-gold-vault-in-the-world/

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 07:18:10 AM »
Good article....

One of my friends turned the back/underneath of his steps into a storage area in his home away from outside walls.    Another went upstairs to the attic w/ roof trussels and insulation.      He put wood planks on the trussles to hold many boxes then covered them w/ insulation.      How about burying boxes under the home as there is a entry indoors?     How about a safe w/ very few contents in it to throw the thieves off track?    Any other ideas?    Be creative and out think the thieves.    Thieves want a quick theft, not to search.    Banks will soon be taking our valuables.....

My neighbor's home was raided by police looking for stolen jewelry.     Sounds like BS to me but they took her safe and her son's pandas.    It has not been returned and they found nothing wrong during the raid.      Many articles say US police or our corrupt Pacific NW police will steal your assets so be very careful.......

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 07:37:25 AM »
I was also told a farmer bought almost a ton of silver over 20 yrs ago.     He sold recently due to health issues.    No one knew where he hid the silver.      It was in his grain bin front and center by his home/barn and no one knew.....

Lots of places to hide if you have the property but time is getting short to do that....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 07:38:10 AM »
Lots of info online for lock box hidden at home.     Google to "lock box hidden under stairs".......

Offline tater

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 11:56:52 PM »
hello it's been awhile for me too. 

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 05:18:21 PM »
Welcome back tater........