Author Topic: F.U.N. Show  (Read 460 times)

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
F.U.N. Show
« on: January 08, 2020, 06:47:30 AM »
Is anyone going to FUN? Look for me at table 952. I am bringing some of the 2020 silver Valentine Pandas — the perfect Valentine's Day gift — along.
2020 is the 5th year for the heart-shaped Panda series from the Shenyang Mint.

Always happy to chat about Chinese coins, so stop by.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: F.U.N. Show
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 06:44:34 PM »
In hand this gorgeous silver red heart panda gets a lot of attention.     Must own panda.....

Offline ShareTheNews

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »
New here. Thought I’d take the diver and sign up in 2020.  Love medals more than I do coins due to the creative license of both the obverse and reverse.  Nice panda medal!

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »
New here. Thought I’d take the diver and sign up in 2020.  Love medals more than I do coins due to the creative license of both the obverse and reverse.  Nice panda medal!

Welcome to the Forum ShareTheNews. I agree that medals can be fascinating due to the creative possibilities they offer.

The first day of the F.U.N. show was excellent. This is a very large show and the attendance, both dealer and visitor, was excellent. I was initially disappointed that FUN doesn't give out press passes, but could hardly complain much given that admission is free to the public. Six of one, a half dozen of the other, so to speak. The show continues tomorrow and Saturday.  There is lots to do and see here, including a major section occupied by the U.S. Mint and its store.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 10:16:48 PM »
In hand this gorgeous silver red heart panda gets a lot of attention.     Must own panda.....

Yes, it has that effect when you see it, better even than the photos. I sold a some to one dealer in the morning and he texted me in the afternoon to bring more, the first group was sold.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 08:16:46 AM »

I agree.   This Chinese market matures as the years pass.    For example at one time it was posted here that Chinese only want OMP not graded.   That has changed.     Medals have always been 2nd or 3rd class citizens to coins.     Only Official Panda Issue medals were acceptable.     Some early year medals have mintage rarity and grade rarity.      I suggest you search for early year medals.    They may not be as pretty but have potential for much bigger price increases as the market matures.      With Peter's Valentine Panda medals leading the way, maybe 2020 will be the year medals find acceptance/demand......

Offline ShareTheNews

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 09:09:19 PM »
Thanks for your insights.  Picked this one up not too long ago.  Not sure is this is the place to do this, but like to share with others.