Author Topic: CoinsWeekly Presents: Shanghai Coin Designers From  (Read 490 times)

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
CoinsWeekly Presents: Shanghai Coin Designers From
« on: December 09, 2019, 09:07:09 AM »
"A Gigantic Gathering of Coin Artists — the Shanghai Coin Designers Forum"

https://coinsweekly.com/a-gigantic-gathering-of-coin-artists-the-shanghai-coin-design-forum/

About CoinsWeekly: "We are the bridge to the numismatic world. Our readership includes collectors, professional numismatic dealers and researchers as well as those involved in coin production. We reach readers in 170 countries. Here, you will find everything you want to know about the topic of money — from antiquity to the present day. And just a little more..."

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: CoinsWeekly Presents: Shanghai Coin Designers From
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »
Peter, will Feng Yunming ever show up at a coin show?       Can Chen Jian invite him or help others contact him?......

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 07:15:19 PM »
Peter, will Feng Yunming ever show up at a coin show?       Can Chen Jian invite him or help others contact him?......

I think it's doubtful that he will attend the designer forum. The event only invited currently active coin designers. Chen Jian was not there, also. The purpose was to help designers improve their work, so retired designers from China were not included. It was quite crowded with artists as it was and not everyone who could have attended was able to make it. I would not be surprised if the next forum is even larger — there was a lot of excitement after this one.

Coin show? I don't know. Maybe a show sponsor might invite him as a promotion, although it might be a hard sell. It's possible. I have seen one retired designer who came to a show with some of his old plasters. He lives in which city?

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 09:00:31 AM »
I was told Beijing.     The best chance to locate Feng is thru his former neighbor Yu Fuhui  medal man.      http://blog.sina.com.cn/artmedal   contact info at bottom of page.     Hopefully this will get you to Mr Fuhui.
On this forum   Topic "CATTE aluminum Feng Yunming set"   page 4  also has the link.

Email link sent to you that maybe from Mr Fuhui too and i cannot post it here as this new computer i don't understand how.

Feng is the Grandfather of MCC medals so the first.     Isn't one of the goals of collecting to own the very first year?    His designs look to me to be the first and we see them on other medals/coins.      Yes some of the designs were copied from ancient art but he is still the first to put them on MCC.    Many top collectors consider that very important but the majority of the market collectors are all waiting for a publication/interview.     I think as a undiscovered/unknown first medal artist, his medals have tremendous potential but what do i know?     I believe the opinions of the experts in the West and China.....         

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 09:35:07 AM »
This link is wrong, the one i emailed you works.    You can post the one that works if you wish....