Author Topic: Help With Price China PRC 2017 Silver Panda 1 Oz. Denver ANA NGC PROOF-70 UCAM  (Read 307 times)

Offline armysmoke

• Trade Count: (0)
I recently won an auction on eBay for 5 China PRC 2017 Silver Panda 1 Oz. Denver ANA NGC PROOF coins.

1 x China PRC 2017 Silver Panda 1 Oz. Denver ANA NGC PROOF-70 UCAM
4 x China PRC 2017 Silver Panda 1 Oz. Denver ANA NGC PROOF-69 UCAM

I cannot seem to find the price for these coins. I tried the NGC and PCGS site but no luck. I also looked on Pricepedia with no luck.

Can anyone help me?

I attached a picture.

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
The wholesale market they are around $27 (melt plus $10).  They retail for $35-$40 and are tough to sell.  They made too many of them and there weren't enough buyers during the show to spread the mintage out.  It will take 10-30 years for a premium to develop.  Almost all the show pandas issued in the last 8 years are going to take a while to develop premiums.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
I recently won an auction on eBay for 5 China PRC 2017 Silver Panda 1 Oz. Denver ANA NGC PROOF coins.

1 x China PRC 2017 Silver Panda 1 Oz. Denver ANA NGC PROOF-70 UCAM
4 x China PRC 2017 Silver Panda 1 Oz. Denver ANA NGC PROOF-69 UCAM

I cannot seem to find the price for these coins. I tried the NGC and PCGS site but no luck. I also looked on Pricepedia with no luck.

Can anyone help me?

I attached a picture.

This show panda is listed in the September 2019 China Pricepedia on part 1, page 68. The most recent auction sale was $57 for a PF69. I think it would probably bring $75-90 for a 70, $55-$60 for a 69 if sold one at a time. The market is pretty thin right now for later years of show pandas, as Arif points out. Selling someplace else might get you a different price, higher or lower.

The 2017 Denver ANA show panda is a bit confusing because there are two of them. There were two competing companies selling official show pandas with different designs at the convention. Very strange.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline armysmoke

KeyDate1 and PandaCollector,

Thank you for both your replies. I guess I did okay since I paid $185 for all 5 coins. I plan on keeping the PF70 and selling the other 4 PF69s. So I hope I at least break even.

v/r
Tom

Offline armysmoke

This show panda is listed in the September 2019 China Pricepedia on part 1, page 68. The most recent auction sale was $57 for a PF69. I think it would probably bring $75-90 for a 70, $55-$60 for a 69 if sold one at a time. The market is pretty thin right now for later years of show pandas, as Arif points out. Selling someplace else might get you a different price, higher or lower.

The 2017 Denver ANA show panda is a bit confusing because there are two of them. There were two competing companies selling official show pandas with different designs at the convention. Very strange.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

I was told this coin's denomination was 50 Yuan. Is this true? The coin does not have a face value.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
I was told this coin's denomination was 50 Yuan. Is this true? The coin does not have a face value.

It is technically not a coin/legal tender and has no denomination, or face value in Yuan.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com