Author Topic: 2019 Valentine Pandas  (Read 1874 times)

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
Re: 2019 Valentine Pandas
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 04:03:32 AM »
Hi Peter,

I'm off topic but need your help with pricing.

The 2010 50 Yuan Gold Panda MS 70 (1/10 oz) is $200 on NGC. However the price on PCGS is $269 for regular and $330 for First Strike.

What is a good price for this coin?

v/r
Tom

That's interesting. Most dealers regard this as a bullion coin. Even in MS70 its premium above melt is not very large. With careful shopping (at a coin show, for instance) you might even find a MS70 a little under $200, but that is a fair enough price imo.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline armysmoke

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 05:48:30 AM »
That's interesting. Most dealers regard this as a bullion coin. Even in MS70 its premium above melt is not very large. With careful shopping (at a coin show, for instance) you might even find a MS70 a little under $200, but that is a fair enough price imo.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

Thank you very much!! Save me some money on eBay.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 11:15:58 AM »
 The $269 and $300+ are inflated. I wouldn't spend more than $200 for it, but then again, I am not yearning for it. At the peak of thr market, it *may* have been a $300+ dollar coin, but definitely not now.

Offline armysmoke

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »
The $269 and $300+ are inflated. I wouldn't spend more than $200 for it, but then again, I am not yearning for it. At the peak of thr market, it *may* have been a $300+ dollar coin, but definitely not now.

Thank you. Someone is selling 5 MS70 coins on eBay. I was going to buy it and keep one and sell the rest if the price was right. Right now it's at $800.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 06:36:57 PM »
Thank you. Someone is selling 5 MS70 coins on eBay. I was going to buy it and keep one and sell the rest if the price was right. Right now it's at $800.

For an individual, there may still be some room to profit, but eBay and PayPal fees might make it a wash at this level, or very slightly above. A dealer who goes to shows and can be patient has an advantage. Sooner or later he can get $200, one at a time.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:49 PM »
No, i am not promoting this medal.     Saw it on ebay and it is the most early year, red rose design i could find for Chinese.     Your red rose design got my interest in other similar MCC.     Anxious to see the 2020 Valentine silver panda in hand....

Great Wall is not official mint.     5 dinars from China?     What is that?....

Seller had 2 of these Endless Love silver medals and the 2nd one sold.     There are buyers for unknown medals.     Some are common in China but not the West.   15% tariff, i doubt they will arrive here.     People like to gamble, why not gamble on cheap unknown medals?