Author Topic: Coin Value (Prices) Between NGC vs PGCS  (Read 285 times)

Offline armysmoke

• Trade Count: (0)
Coin Value (Prices) Between NGC vs PGCS
« on: October 05, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »
I noticed that on some coins there is a big price difference between NGC and PGCS.

For example - 2007 25th Anniversary Panda 15 Yuan Gold 1/25oz.

NGC lists PF70 as $85
PGCS lists PF70 as $200

Which one is correct?

Anyone use a better price guide?

v/r
Tom

Offline armysmoke

Re: Coin Value (Prices) Between NGC vs PGCS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:57:06 PM »
Another example is for the 1993 China Panda 10 Yuan 1/10th oz Platinum NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo

NGC lists PF69 as $2100
PGCS lists PF69 as $859

I was going to try to win this on eBay but wasn't sure which price guide I should use.

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 11:55:43 PM »
The cost to go from one slab to another is $15 if the coin is correctly graded.  Anything the spread is more than $100 dealers will crossover coins to take advantage of the spread.  Look at completed auction items to determine what price should be.  Look at pricepedia to determine if your research is in line with price guide. 

Do not waste money buying 2007 1/25oz, they are very hard to sell. The 1993 pt is a nice coin if you can get it around market price.

Offline armysmoke

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:32:48 AM »
Thank you!!

I missed out on the 1993 coin on ebay. It sold for $839 yesterday. I was going to bid but wasn't sure of the price.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 07:10:31 AM »
The 2007 set is not rare.     May i suggest asking the many dealers here for their opinions on what rarity to buy?     Just tell them how much you have to spend and what is the best rarity bang for the buck.       This market is moving forward as bullion prices are too so we are all running out of time to buy rare.      (many sellers today refuse to sell rare, common only).....

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 01:12:38 AM »
Most of the time these 25th Anniversary coins are sold as part of complete sets. It is unusual for a set to be broken up in China. In the USA it happens more often, but prices for the individual coins are volatile and inconsistent. In August, eBay had a group of individual coins all in PF70. The per coin prices realized varied from $76 to $306. The average was $140 and that is higher than has been seen in some time. Given how well that group did, I would now peg a 70 at around $120 – but prices may vary substantially from sale to sale.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com