Author Topic: Chinese 1980 1,2,5,10,50 notes with fancy properous lucky number all 88888888  (Read 12761 times)

Offline chinese_item

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi,nice to see you all again.Let me show all of you what are the most special chinese notes I have ever seen so far as a chinese banknote collector.Beside that,I also think that this is the most expensive chinese notes than the rest of the chinese notes in time to come.It is hard for me to believe in my own eyes that the 1,2,5,10 yuan prefix start with EB and their eight digit number are all 88888888(prosperous prosperous prosperous prosperous prosperous prosperous prosperous prosperous)except for the 50 yuan prefix starting with BQ and the number is still all 88888888.I was too surprised to see this notes especially the 1,2,5,10 yuan notes with the same PREFIX and NUMBER except for the 50 yuan note and this five notes that come together in one set.As far as i know,the chinese note with this number all 88888888 only one copy is in existance in one hundred millions of the similar notes,it is extreamely difficult to come by,the most curius thing is all the four notes with the same prefix and number,I was shock and damm curious how did all this four notes comes together in one whole set,I really have no idea and cant believe in my own eyes everytime when i look at it.Hopefully someone can help me to explain this notes,help is always apprieiciated,thank you.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Perhaps, they are counterfeit. There are too many counterfeit China banknotes up for sales at ebay laterly, especially, the specimen notes.

Offline chinese_item

Perhaps, they are counterfeit. There are too many counterfeit China banknotes up for sales at ebay laterly, especially, the specimen notes.

I fully agree with you that this notes are counterfeit.

Offline anaiman

I am aware that the Chinese authorities don't take a dim view of counterfeits of just about anything, yet I thought they don't like counterfeit Chinese money if they show Remimbi values on them.  No?  I know that there are counterfeit Chinese "coins" where the Remimbi values are conveniently omitted.    The U.S. Secret Service has been working hard to crack down on American counterfeit currency.  Yes, I am aware that there are counterfeit Chinese coins and bills with Remimbi values on them, so aren't the Chinese authorities concerned?  Anyone out there can illuminate me on this?

Offline anaiman

Correction - maybe I meant Renmin when I wrote Remimbi.  I seem to remember the currency was called Remimbi when I was in China back in 1987.  But then I also remember there two two separate currencies in use - one for the locals and one for the foreigners.  If I remember right, basically we were not supposed to use the local currency for train and air transportation and hotels.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Here is a news link about counterfeit banknotes and police activities in southern China.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2009-08/07/content_8538741.htm

From 1979 to 1995, Bank of China issued foreign exchange certificates for foreigners used in specially designed stores to purchase goods. Foreigners were not allowed to use regular RMB during that period.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:49:23 AM by poconopenn »

Offline MoseMosley

• New
There are too many counterfeit China banknotes up for sales at ebay laterly.

Offline CaRtOondoG

• Trade Count: (+1)
IMO, they're fake. China's flooded with fake banknotes. I never collect even one piece of china banknote.

low

The banknotes maybe genuine, though the serial number maybe not.

Several years ago a collector friend bought a QA 55555555 from a China seller. The prefix and serial number has been altered.

Read this thread. http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?/topic/8605-beware-altered-serial-number

But he has since remove the photos. It is easier to alter the prefix and serial number than create the fake note. Producing fake notes carry a death sentence, but alter banknotes doesn't.

Offline PCGS-ASIA

• PCGS-ASIA
If real, they would be worth a fortune!

Anyway the "pride" of my "collection" is a counterfeit 10y note, culled from circulation.

Also, I was getting out of a taxi once, guy gives me my 1y coins in change, clink, clink, clink, clonk, clonk.

I was like hey, these two are fake!   Driver doesn't argue, says, here, take these then!
I said no, I'll keep the fake ones.  Totally reinforcing the notion that foreigners are crazy!!! :drool: