Author Topic: Help with a Chinese translation please......I'll paypal you a cup of coffee:)  (Read 1092 times)

Offline eh365038

• Trade Count: (0)
Can someone please help me translate this please? It was on a strange coin holder containing a potentially genuine 3 birds over junk coin. Thanks for the help, and the first person to help gets a cup of coffee on me via paypal.

Thanks

-Eric

Offline zerox

钱币珍藏。 meaning: precious coins collection

Offline zerox

A direct google translation.

Offline eh365038

N29

Thank you very much Mr. Zerox. I tried that without as much success.

Doesn't tell me much about the coin, but it sounds fishy. Has anyone ever seen a similar slab? I doubt they only made one....

You may PM me your paypal if you would like to claim your prize. Also, there should be a Karma point coming your way.

-Eric

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
Please note that your coin is in a self-slabbed holder which is almost  identical to the NGC holder. It is known to be a fake NGC holder used for fake coin in the last few years in the market place by Chinese counterfeiters.

IMO, your coin is highly questionable. How do you acquire this coin?

Offline eh365038

N3

Thank you both very much for the input. I purchased this item from this somewhat respectable auction house.

https://www.lawsons.com.au/

I have an NGC slip all printed up and ready to go, I'm just looking for some help before pulling the $100 trigger. On the plus side, it weighs/measures correctly and matches VERY well with currently listed slabbed coins such as this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-China-Dollar-Y-345-ICG-MS60-Details-Rare-Certified-BU-UNC-Coin/143179884729?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

In the negatives column is the reeding. The reeding is in very good condition considering the "wear" on the coin. I have included some good photos for your review.

I am thinking it is genuine, but a very weak strike as I have seen some others with the exact same weak strike that are slabbed as genuine. What do yo guys think? Worth sending off?