Author Topic: 2019 FUN show Orlando, Florida  (Read 282 times)

Offline 1003

• Trade Count: (+1)
2019 FUN show Orlando, Florida
« on: January 02, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »
The FUN show will open Thursday, Jan. 10. Any panda medals scheduled for this show? Have not been to a FUN show before, does Florida has any sales tax on coins? Can I bring just a few gold coins in my carry-on bag and will I be stopped at the security check point? I am flying from within the States.

Offline panda

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: 2019 FUN show Orlando, Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 10:37:45 AM »
do they start to charge 25% tariff on pandas?

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 10:40:06 PM »
You can carry all the gold you want on domestic flights.  Just put it in a separate box and remove it from your bag at security screening like you would for liquids and laptop.  Sometimes they will peak in to see what it is, other times 10 lb of metal and they don't even bother to look.

I don't expect anyone to pay tariffs on gold, platinum and palladium coins, they will sell to HK or Singapore dealer first and then that dealer may mark up a few percents for their troubles to sell to the US.   As for silver, that is so bulky and shipping rates out of China are much cheaper, someone may prefer to pay 10% tariff.  I expect 2019 silver bullion products to trade at an initial premium relative to prior years as collectors flock to buy newest issues, but after a year that initial premium should be gone back to normal backdate bullion.

Offline 1003

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 11:21:39 PM »
Thank you Arif for the information. Does one have to pay sales tax for a coin bought at the FUN show?