Author Topic: interesting 2016 Panda 50Y Gold and 10Y Silver Bimetallic Chinese Panda Set PCGS  (Read 518 times)

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
Interesting holder.  Remind me of the old NGC multi-coins holders which I like.

Don't you think the title "Bimetallic" is a bit misleading upon initial reading.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Interesting holder.  Remind me of the old NGC multi-coins holders which I like.

Don't you think the title "Bimetallic" is a bit misleading upon initial reading.

Lol I am not an English major so I won’t venture an opinion!

But I can’t resist saying they used that word in an uncommon way.

I have been thinking of reholdering some of my sets in the NGC five coin slab but that is still a thought!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC

I have been thinking of reholdering some of my sets in the NGC five coin slab but that is still a thought!

Don't do it.  I made 100+ of 5 piece multi holder gold panda sets back in 2008-2009, only sold 25 as is, people prefer individual slabs so they can swap out coins if they tone (or NCS them).  Another dealer made about 50+ of these and didn't pay attention to SD vs LD, so his slabs are a mess, he still has most of them and doesn't want to pay to reslab them and is missing many of correct varieties to correct the designations.

As for this bimetallic, the picture of the gold coin on label is of 100 Y, not even 50 Y, just sloppy.  Why anyone bothers to ruin coins by putting them in PCGS holders is beyond me.

Offline tater

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
wow not what I was expecting when I started to read this thread.  I was wondering what I missed in 2016, apparently I missed nothing.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Don't do it.  I made 100+ of 5 piece multi holder gold panda sets back in 2008-2009, only sold 25 as is, people prefer individual slabs so they can swap out coins if they tone (or NCS them).  Another dealer made about 50+ of these and didn't pay attention to SD vs LD, so his slabs are a mess, he still has most of them and doesn't want to pay to reslab them and is missing many of correct varieties to correct the designations.

As for this bimetallic, the picture of the gold coin on label is of 100 Y, not even 50 Y, just sloppy.  Why anyone bothers to ruin coins by putting them in PCGS holders is beyond me.

Thanks for opinion based on experience. It is something that I plan to think about for sometime to be sure I know what I am doing. Best wishes.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!