Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 333 times)

Offline EOSDAWN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
Hello All
« on: May 17, 2018, 06:15:59 AM »
Looking forward to becoming involved in the crazy world of china coins. My reasoning behind collecting Pandas and other Chinese officially minted coins and medals, is that they are beautifully designed and minted for the most part, fun to collect and surely one day with the rising interest in precious metals, the massive Chinese population of China, will one day wake up and want to collect them in droves, with this larger adoption and appreciation will come price appreciation as well. All good reasons to hoard and hold, surely!  N34

Offline Agpanda

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
    • agpandas
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 06:53:25 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
Looking forward to becoming involved in the crazy world of china coins. My reasoning behind collecting Pandas and other Chinese officially minted coins and medals, is that they are beautifully designed and minted for the most part, fun to collect and surely one day with the rising interest in precious metals, the massive Chinese population of China, will one day wake up and want to collect them in droves, with this larger adoption and appreciation will come price appreciation as well. All good reasons to hoard and hold, surely!  N34

You know the score so best wishes on buying what you can....

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

I agree with the beautiful design and minting comments. Furthermore, the yearly change in design (except for 2002) is also another characteristic that make the coins interesting to collect. Even the year with no design changes makes for interesting discussion amongst collectors!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline EOSDAWN

• New
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 09:01:51 AM »

You know the score so best wishes on buying what you can....

Thanks Pandamonium. Although I'm building a proof and bullion collection of pandas, I'm most interested in what collectors sometimes find less attractive than collecting coins, that is to say some of the rarer medals issued by official Chinese Mints.  N50

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
I am a bit surprised by the dealers/collectors that now own medals.    It used to be coins first and in the long run coins will probably be Kings.    However, many medals are still undervalued due to low mint but info is very tough to get.    Panda issue medals will probably be safest bet for now but who knows as the market matures.....