Author Topic: China one belt and one road  (Read 532 times)

Offline Mak007

• Trade Count: (0)
China one belt and one road
« on: February 14, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
a
Posted Feb 12, 2018 by Martin Armstrong

QUESTION: What is your view of China’s One Belt and One Road policy?

ANSWER: The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road, also known as the One Belt and One Road Initiative, (OBOR),  is a development strategy proposed by Chinese Government that focuses on connectivity and cooperation between Eurasian countries, primarily the People’s Republic of China (PRC), the land-based Silk Road Economic Belt (SREB) and the ocean-going Maritime Silk Road (MSR). It was unveiled by Xi Jinping in September and October 2013. This is really nothing new. Trade between China and the Roman Empire existed. There are even records of Marcus Aurelius (161-180AD) sending a diplomat to China. Even the color purple was the royal color of an emperor who only he was allowed to wear. That was a dye which came from the East as was the case with spices and silk.

This strategy underlines history and China’s push to take a larger role in global affairs with a China-centered trading network is the very aspect that will make China the Financial Capital of the World once again. This project was initially called One Belt and One Road, but in mid-2016 the official English name was changed to the Belt and Road Initiative. China has been focusing on infrastructure investment, construction materials, railway and highway, automobile, real estate, power grid, and iron and steel. This is the largest infrastructure project in history, covering more than 68 countries, equivalent to 65% of the world’s population and 40% of the global GDP as of 2017. China never issued historically gold or silver coins. What has survived are private ingots known as Sycee that is a testament to the level of trade China enjoyed in the past.

All our models are bullish LONG-TERM on China – Post 2032. We have opened offices in China and have been granted our business license in China which took three years to be approved.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
Re: China one belt and one road
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »
Its obvious China is the new powerhouse.     They own the US manufacturing and gold.    The gold backed Petro Yuan is going thru test runs and should be in place by middle of March.     Could we see the tide change then?   I don't know.    jsmineset continues to have good articles to read or listen to as do many other sites.      As the world sees the power of China, capitol fight at some point will go East.    Very sad for our corrupt West but very good for the East.     At some point this year I think our Chinese coins/medals will begin a climb up in value.      The 100 + yr old London Gold Price Fix is coming to a end and the East will take over as many understand this now.    As we know Chinese out bid the world for the best of whatever it is like the $400,000 Bart racing pigeon on Google.     I think actual price w/ auction fees was something like $386,000.    The Europeans stopped bidding at about $80,000.    Old news but a good example of Chinese demand. 
I expect huge prices for certain rare Chinese coins/medals as even Golden Lord tells us supply is gone as have many other members of this forum.....
I thank Trump for his efforts to invigorate the West economy but he ran for office too late.     Many of my friends think i am nuts to get into Chinese coins/medals about 7 yrs ago but now they are slowing coming around.    Others that have common sense,  have been buying at every opportunity.      A US military top brass was on FOX news and he admits that China/Russia now have much more advanced weapons then the US does.     May we live in interesting times.....

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »
Only price manipulations on the paper markets kept the gold price at the current level. The futures contracts traded on COMEX, the shares in gold ETFs, the bullion banks' deals among themselves and all other forms of paper gold have nothing to do with the real precious metal. They are just false reflections and will soon sink into insignificance when these markets collapse.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:14:11 AM »
Again, Koos Jansen of bullionstar.com said China owns 20+ tons of gold.    When people post articles on line there is usually a retort arguing against their opinion/facts.    No one retorts his claim.    Now i read others posting that China has 40 tons of gold which seems a bit extreme to me.     A lot more then the US claim to 8 tons that was sold long ago.      The US needs to open up gold mining and allow the US Navy to find sunken ships that have tons of gold/silver.     We have the technology to do that today.    Today many authors and even mainstream fake TV news admit that China owns the gold and will bankrupt us.    So it is common knowledge but few pay attention.    Very, very few in the West understand the importance of owning Chinese money.....

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 10:53:56 AM »
The One Belt and One Road policy will be very beneficial to the Chinese business community and its trading partners as long as there is world peace, political stability in the various countries and the participants are engaging in reasonable business practices.  If war erupts anywhere along the new silk road, trade will be disrupted and container ships will again play a dominant role in commerce.   Political change and unreasonable business practices by government monopolies will also be potentially disruptive.

I would rather see the Chinese government spend this money to improve the infrastructure in China to provide better living standards for the Chinese people.  A large portion of the 1.3 billion people in China live in less than desirable circumstances.  Obviously, this is of a lesser concern to the government.

Mark Bonke

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »
But it shouldn't be . . .

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
The One Belt and One Road policy will be very beneficial to the Chinese business community and its trading partners as long as there is world peace, political stability in the various countries and the participants are engaging in reasonable business practices.  If war erupts anywhere along the new silk road, trade will be disrupted and container ships will again play a dominant role in commerce.   Political change and unreasonable business practices by government monopolies will also be potentially disruptive.

I would rather see the Chinese government spend this money to improve the infrastructure in China to provide better living standards for the Chinese people.  A large portion of the 1.3 billion people in China live in less than desirable circumstances.  Obviously, this is of a lesser concern to the government.

Mark Bonke

According to what I read in China a year or so ago, the Belt and Road program involves building a mind-bogglingly large rail system from East Asia to a terminus in Iran. From this point other rail lines and ships will transport vast quantities of goods to Europe and Africa. The plan seems to be that the economic development along the route will transform the nearby regions and the increased trade will support growth in many economically backward areas. The initiative will provide cheaper, more efficient transportation of Chinese exports, cheaper, more efficient and environmentally safer transportation of Iranian imports (especially oil) to China and contribute to development in Africa. It will also lower prices for goods sent to Europe.

Assuming success, the big winners will be the main participants (China and then Iran). The big losers could easily be countries that do not have a strategy for finding a slot in the new global trading order. Dithering and ignoring the initiative is a really poor choice with long-lasting consequences, in my opinion.

In regards to war, my view is that this development will be an incentive for Iran to remain at peace and China would lean heavily on that country to not jeopardize this program.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com