Author Topic: Registry winner include panda coin collectors  (Read 4392 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Registry winner include panda coin collectors
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2018, 07:43:44 AM »
J Rickards is not the only one predicting high gold.     Other authors say there is big money flowing into gold behind the scenes.    Why is China/Russia buying gold as their high priority?       For those that sit back and wait, when the boom happens it will be too late to buy cheap.     Just like bitcoin when it hit $19,000 the herd flooded in then it dropped by 1/2.      Better to be prepared and ahead of the game.     12 yrs ago when i told many to own bullion they thought i was a madman.    Today they tell me to buy bullion and forgot i was the one that warned them.     The majority of people even in backward rural OR are buying or own bullion.     Some are buying Chinese.      The writing is clearly on the wall but we have never seen a unmanipulated bullion price. Before he ran for office, Mr Trump said the US sold our gold as have many, many others.     He who owns the gold will make the rules and today that is China/Russia.    It will happen in our lifetime.       People on this forum are prepared but the sheeple are not.     IF you do not believe that we will soon see a bullion boom then it is wise for you to sell ALL of your bullion/Chinese and reinvest in paper instruments.   Does that make sense?   Not to me.........   

Offline baron88

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2018, 09:52:44 AM »
"Snake Oil" Jim Richard’s has been singing this same exact tune for many years (see his prediction in 2011 yes 2011 !  of $7,000 gold in just a "few years")  and anyone following his calls for sky-high gold have lost their shorts during this time.  Actually speaking of shorts, I suspect (since he is presumably solvent) that he himself shorted gold at the time of this video August 22 2011 with gold at its high of $1,900 and laughed all the way to the bank while he told followers that $7,000 gold was imminent in "just a few years".  So now you believe him again? ( But he "presents YET ANOTHER clear and concise...")

Beware the gurus, people.

Wisely said! It is always dangerous to take gurus seriously and make investment decisions based on their predictions.

Realistically, why not take it one step at a time? Gold's bear market since 2011 might have already ended and has been trying to break out. It has to clear the $1,400 strong Resistance area first. If successful, will confirm in deed a new bull phase is in progress. How high will it go and over how long of a timespan, nobody really knows, unless you are God. Some people may have already been buying, some may want to wait till the bull phase is confirmed. Do your own due diligence with independent thinking is most important thing in investing.

Offline baron88

• Supporter
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »
By the way, the widely popular Bitcoin investment trust just got a 91 to 1 price split. It’s price is now $18.

And this is a post on reddit. This dude started with 3 bitcoins he won at a poker game, traded all the way up to 200 bitcoins (4 million dollars), and then traded down to 0. All happened in less than a year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/7s8umm/how_i_lost_nearly_200_btc_trading_this_past_month/

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2018, 05:01:16 PM »
There are 1000's of stories like this in Macau or Las Vegas every day, people losing their life savings or going on a crazy win streak only to lose it all.  It always surprises me when people write or talk about this type of financial swing as being unique, it is all too common from all walks of life, even 95 billionaire princes in Saudi Arabia are in jail right now, because they don't want to give up 50% of their wealth to the ruler as a tax amnesty. 

Offline ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2018, 05:12:16 PM »
it's interesting to others, that's why. Also never a bad idea to hear other's mistakes, there can be nuggets of truth in there to learn from.

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2018, 05:37:23 PM »
There are 1000's of stories like this in Macau or Las Vegas every day, people losing their life savings or going on a crazy win streak only to lose it all.  It always surprises me when people write or talk about this type of financial swing as being unique, it is all too common from all walks of life, even 95 billionaire princes in Saudi Arabia are in jail right now, because they don't want to give up 50% of their wealth to the ruler as a tax amnesty. 

I know this is unrelated, but this "ruler" promised in a private meeting that he will become the first Trillionaire in the world  N16  :w00t: What is a few billions amongst friends and family  N66

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2018, 10:04:20 PM »
Getting back to coins.  I was offered a fresh sheet of 1987 1oz gold pandas today.  I offered 96% of melt, winning bid was 98% of melt.  Poor dealer couldn't get a single buyer to pay full melt.  He paid the customer 95% of melt.  It is shocking to see panda bullion so cheap.  I think if gold was at $1150 I would have paid full melt, but with it close to major resistance and long beach a few week away didn't want to get involved with such low margin transaction.  I think a lot of the dealers are thinking the same way right now.

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2018, 11:43:24 PM »
The knock on effect on this dealer is now he will pay future customers not 95% of melt, but maybe 90-92% of melt, it is vicious cycle until it turns.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
It is a vicious cycle for the weak hands to sell out...    It cannot be manipulated forever...

jsmineset     Zero Hedge "These are 6 traders who were arrested for manipulating gold market"....
Many articles say the 100+ yr old London Gold Price Fix is coming to a end and that means the East will take over gold price...

Kitco     " Gold and silver are going to explode"  by Bill Murphy..
Many articles say big money continues to move into gold....

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2018, 03:12:53 PM »
If the seller was the original owner of the sheet of coins he could still have made a lot of profit given what he paid for it years ago when spot was 3-5 times less than the current value.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2018, 12:08:04 PM »
jsminest    see graph of rising Yuan.    These graphs will soon be common on most sites....

jsminest   Listen to   "Bill Holter - DC so dirty they tried a coup attempt"   he also talks about gold, yuan, etc...

Goldseek   See  "The most gold you've ever seen"     Russia is showing off their gold.    China will show off their gold soon too, then they will encourage the US to display the gold but many, including Trump, says the US sold the gold long ago....

Chinese New Years is this month.    Sometime when it is over expect the Chinese to begin the Petro Yuan to replace Petro Dollar.    The gold backed Yuan will also begin.       Gold price will soon be controlled by the East not the West.    Hopefully this will be a slow process......       Maybe Trump's new economy can hold off the East for a while......   

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
You say these things like they are facts, like they're going to happen soon. Holter, Sinclair, Willie, Morgan, Schiff, etc have all been wrong for years now with their predictions, yet you parrot their words as if the predictions are going to happen next month. Do you *really* think these changes are imminent? Why would China want to show off their gold? What good would it accomplish? And a rising Yuan graph on most financial sites? You, sir, must be living in a different world that I am.

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »

The Yuan is making a strong move against the USD.  This move is the only reason mcc haven't dropped that much despite very low demand.
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=CNY&view=1Y

Here are three experts on gold market, they think gold will move up a little in 2018.  Rick Rule is probably partially responsible for me to be in mcc, I used to have an account with his firm back in 2005-2007 during the greatest uranium bull market, the profits from that run all went into mcc. 
http://www.kitco.com/news/video/show/VRIC-2018/1837/2018-02-01/Is-Gold-About-To-Break-Out-And-Destroy-Everything-Three-Giants-Of-The-Industry-Talk-The-Outlook-For-2018-Part-1

Offline silverpv

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2018, 11:02:31 PM »
Very interesting topic. I've been away for a bit from the stacking and can confirm a lot of the assumptions. I'm not sure how many of you invest in cryptos but I did sell a lot of bullion last year to fund crypto purchases. I'm also one that used credit cards to buy cryptos but I did the same thing since i started with gold and silver on ebay so I don't think that is really too big a deal, but can also say many people have over extended a bit due to the rise. What I see now in the most recent drop reminds me of charts I used to see in 2011-2012 for metals. With a lot of hype and a subsequent fall.

To me the two follow are likely to follow the same path for the same reasons. Crypto Hodlers are no different than bullion Stackers both fear the dollar and gov't collapse with crypto people just using computers vs physical. It's a different solution to the same problem IMO. I see similar trends in both metal and crypto and the tide changes with sentiment. As Key1/2 mentioned money follows money so it's not surprising a lot of people sold their collections to fund crypto purchases. I still have my collection and had a look at the NGC rankings, looks like i'm going to be stuck out of placing top 3 for awhile. ;)   

I was interested in this thread because I don't see physical demand very high. If anything physical is very low in my area, the spread to buy and sell is quite large with -$20 for AGE's which used to be +$20 over spot. So that definitely tells me physical demand is weak. I've been eyeing physical but it is very difficult to sell. I've actually just sold off a lot of physical silver bullion because the price is up and it takes time to move it over spot. I did buy some physical, but also have buy and hold gold etf's since its much easier to liquidate at the price listed, there's less variance. Physical is much more difficult to sell these days and get the price you want.

Crypto's are in a bit of a weird area right now, but the sentiment is the same. Once the Chinese come back from CNY, there's supposed to be a pop in cryptos. There is the belief that cryptos will behave like gold 2.0, since people can transact with it and acts as neutral currency that can be traded into any local currency, sometimes at premiums as high as 20%. This makes it an exceptional medium for exchange rate since you can get even more for your money. I'd definitely like to see a comeback to physical, but also with the world having several different types of natural disasters, physical doesn't make as much sense as it used to. Fires, flood, earthquakes, winter storms etc all make mobility very limited but having some is ok, these days though I like having digital because i know i can go anywhere with it without a lot of questions. KYC/AML is getting more and more strict all around the world for cash, gold/silver, and crypto. Banks and CC providers are cutting access by introducing higher fees or blocking tx's and Gov'ts are looking for trading records from exchanges. Gold/Silver, i need to provide and id to make sure the physical isn't stolen. So these days some of everything seems like the best hedge since everything seems like they are on edge, cash going down, stock market at ATH, crypto bubbles, real estate bubbles, QE by several countries, no single asset seems safe for me hide in. All I think i can do is try to have contingency plans for each scenario.

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2018, 11:29:53 PM »
A lot of great points silverpv. 

I didn't even consider the natural disasters risk with owning physical.  Silver is definitely a never own physical metal for me, too bulky to store or ship.