Author Topic: Registry winner include panda coin collectors  (Read 6495 times)

Offline baron88

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Registry winner include panda coin collectors
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
Anyone that bought bullion at a spread of 3%-5% over melt, today is selling at below melt

IMO, Buying gold and silver bullion should be for long term hold. 3 to 5% over melt is nothing if price doubles over the long run. And chances are, as price moves up, dealers bid will increase. I was selling silver American eagles at $4 over melt to a dealer when silver price shot up to over $45 an ounce the last cycle up. Just need to decide what percentage you want to be in physical possesion as core holdings. Yes one does need to handle the safe storage issue. But the extra caveat is you have an asset hidden from the prying eyes of the information era.

Paper investment is for trading.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »

I started writing in China Pricepedia as early as last July that 2017 Pandas could turn out to be a key date. At that time it was possible, with careful shopping, to get NGC MS70 2017 Pandas for barely above melt value. 15 gram 2017 gold Pandas in 70 could be purchased in quantity on eBay for around $670. As much as 10% of that amount could be gotten back in eBay Bucks with a coupon making the net cost around $600 for a 70! I even included a link to a dealer who had dozens available.

The complete lack of interest in the coins was striking (pun intended). Key date stature is still possible and I am still doing research. Semi-key looks very likely, at least.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

I agree with arif about post-2012 pandas. They will not become semi-key date in the future.

Since 2014, the distribution of MCC has changed significantly. Majority of MCC were distributed via banks and CGCI own stores.

For example, for recently issued 35th anniversary of issuance of gold panda, 1,120 bimetal (AU/AG) were allocated to CGCI’s three stores, 480 for export and 3,600 for banks. The balance of the 6,000 mintage (1,080) were sold to licensed distributors (more than 200). Similarly, gold & silver set (mintage, 50,000), 7,000 were distributed via CGCI stores, 4,000 set for export and 30,000 were sold to banks. Only 9,000 sets were available for licensed distributors (dealers).

http://www.jibi.net/news/YGGCHMD/16583471.html

Most dealers inside China have no interest in selling post-2012 panda due to their low profit margin, especially their price are much higher than bank offered. General public still buy post-2014 panda as investment, but not buy from dealers.

IMO, the planned mintage will be the actual mintage.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2018, 06:31:52 PM »
Most people i talk to own paper gold and maybe some physical gold.      Very few see the relevance of rare coins no matter what country.     I have emailed many online authors about rare Chinese and most say buy cheapest gold bullion.     Also have talked to many employees like on ebay, paypal, frontier, etc.. and tell them about Chinese coins, so there are people that are interested and read both sites.     Chinese money will surprise a lot of citizens.      Lets see if there are Chinese financial firecrackers after Chinese New Years as some writers suggest.....

USA Watchdog  "Nuclear bomb memo is about to explode"  by Mark Taylor.     Read that on Steve Quayle site.   Drain the swamp means to expose the criminal elite in the US and world, then hold them accountable.      I have contacted the White House and Trump team (and most all national media, etc..) many times to bring attention to our Pacific NW legal criminal police.     Hopefully we are headed in that direction....

Online PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2018, 06:52:20 PM »
I agree with arif about post-2012 pandas. They will not become semi-key date in the future.

Since 2014, the distribution of MCC has changed significantly. Majority of MCC were distributed via banks and CGCI own stores.

For example, for recently issued 35th anniversary of issuance of gold panda, 1,120 bimetal (AU/AG) were allocated to CGCI’s three stores, 480 for export and 3,600 for banks. The balance of the 6,000 mintage (1,080) were sold to licensed distributors (more than 200). Similarly, gold & silver set (mintage, 50,000), 7,000 were distributed via CGCI stores, 4,000 set for export and 30,000 were sold to banks. Only 9,000 sets were available for licensed distributors (dealers).

http://www.jibi.net/news/YGGCHMD/16583471.html

Most dealers inside China have no interest in selling post-2012 panda due to their low profit margin, especially their price are much higher than bank offered. General public still buy post-2014 panda as investment, but not buy from dealers.

IMO, the planned mintage will be the actual mintage.

I agree that dealers shun selling low profit coins in China. If you think that some coins will have no numismatic value in the future then don't buy them. In regards to other previous matters and views, to quote the Gershwins, "It ain't necessarily so."

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2018, 09:16:31 PM »
Well known author predicts $10k gold, better load up on bullion before it is too late.  If bullion really does go to $10k numismatic premiums would disappear on all post 2005 1/2 coins. 

https://www.thestreet.com/amp/story/14464897/1/gold-price-outlook-and-weak-dollar.html

Online PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2018, 05:39:37 AM »
Well known author predicts $10k gold, better load up on bullion before it is too late.  If bullion really does go to $10k numismatic premiums would disappear on all post 2005 1/2 coins. 

https://www.thestreet.com/amp/story/14464897/1/gold-price-outlook-and-weak-dollar.html

Even making the big assumption that this happens, it seems sort of simplistic to predict the consequences down to what year of gold Panda would lose its premium. $10,000/oz. gold would certainly imply rejection of the USD, but would it also mean the rejection of the RMB? It might mean that wealth has fled to China and Chinese buying power has skyrocketed. That could mean more demand and bigger premiums for Chinese coins.

Personally, I find predictions like this too sensational and too vague to be useful. We don't live in a binary world. Your mileage may vary (a lot).

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2018, 08:00:42 AM »
I agree w/ your skepticism that Chinese buying power will skyrocket and more demand/premium for Chinese coins.....
The world must go to $10,000 gold or beyond.     The rich Chinese will pay a big premium for their National pride coins...
A strong USD will eventually be the past and a strong Yuan will be the future but i could be right!.....
It may sound like sensationalism or vague but for me those are the facts, we will soon find out this year....

Offline baron88

• Supporter
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2018, 09:15:54 AM »
Personally, I find predictions like this too sensational and too vague to be useful. We don't live in a binary world. Your mileage may vary (a lot).

Totally agree! $10,000 gold in 40 years? Some of us might not even live that long.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2018, 11:03:40 AM »
Isn’t all this hype? Something we eschew in this forum? For predictions are always inaccurate. And the most factual anyone can be is to present the two sides to the story?
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2018, 11:22:19 AM »
Not hype, speculation. If you want hype find some threads on Chinese medals here on CCF.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2018, 04:45:56 PM »
Thanks for clarification!  :lol:
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2018, 04:48:14 PM »
I think Arif is being sarcastic about the $10000 prediction. With all due respect to all, USD is not going anywhere anytime soon. It will go much much higher before a “reset”. There is no viable alternative to it right now. China is not ready yet for prime time. Listening to the doom and gloom crowd back in 2009 led a lot of people nowhere. Listen to Peter Schiff (and his clones) and you will lose a lot of money guaranteed.

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2018, 04:49:24 PM »

Not hype, speculation. If you want hype find some threads on Chinese medals here on CCF.
N27  N16

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2018, 11:01:05 PM »
I have heard Jim R. talk live twice.  He is very bearish on USD and thinks gold is ultimate wealth preservation asset.  A $10,000 target in 40 years implies a 5% annual compounded growth rate.  Considering overall inflation is historically 3%, the real return from $1350 would be $3000 in 40 years, which is not that aggressive.  Health care inflation is about 5%, so his target will give you equal health care purchasing power, while education inflation is 7%, in which case your gold purchasing power 40 years from now at $10000 target for education would be only $600.

Just comparison, bond market 3%, stock market averages 8%, land appreciation in constrained cities averages 11% compounding return, sports teams 12%, real estate private equity 20%, so 5% appreciation in gold is nothing to get excited about.  However, in world war or electromagnetic war scenario gold might be the only one wants to own.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2018, 11:05:27 PM »
"Snake Oil" Jim Rickards has been singing this same exact tune for many years (see his prediction in 2011 yes 2011 !  of $7,000 gold in just a "few years")  and anyone following his calls for sky-high gold have lost their shorts during this time.  Actually speaking of shorts, I suspect (since he is presumably solvent) that he himself shorted gold at the time of this video August 22 2011 with gold at its high of $1,900 and laughed all the way to the bank while he told followers that $7,000 gold was imminent in "just a few years".  So now you believe him again? ( But he "presents YET ANOTHER clear and concise...")

Beware the gurus, people.
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius