Author Topic: Registry winner include panda coin collectors  (Read 6366 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Registry winner include panda coin collectors
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 08:31:02 AM »
Gold has broke $1,350.     COT reports last 2 weeks have added a ton of shorts so price should have dropped.     Is this the real deal?    We will soon find out.        Many articles say China will make a big planned move after the Chinese New Years or about middle of Feb, next month.    The direction cannot change, it just takes continued patience on the part of those involved in this market....   
The Master Manipulators are discouraging gold/silver owners again.    They want to shake out the weak hands as usual.    Strong hands will win. .....

Offline mook

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 08:41:49 AM »
1350 is the price of gold paper
The value of gold, nobody knows it today

Online KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »
A stock market crash (a.k.a. correction) is in the offing either within the next few months or two years. This is the traditional pattern. Those who are experienced know what to do. The inexperienced, unfortunately, will compound their losses when that happens. Those who need some of their gains normally will take it now. Those who have a longer horizon will just continue to invest. If the market corrects in a substantial way strategic selling and reinvesting will realize some capital loss tax opportunities. Also that is when money on the sidelines swoops in to scoop up cheap bargains!

I still don’t understand gold and silver but they seem to be more liable to hyping and manipulation. Therefore, much care has to be exercised when investing in those metals. A long term perspective may be in order here. If you are collecting as a habit and plan to move it on to the next generation, keep on enjoying your hobby!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2018, 09:22:44 AM »
1350 is the price of gold paper
The value of gold, nobody knows it today

Some know the true value of gold today, that is why they are buying/preparing.      China has the Petro Yuan and Gold backed Yuan in place now.     The East will eventually control gold price, not the West's 100 yr old London Gold Price Fix.      Lets see when the  East takes over gold pricing, some articles say after Chinese New Years..... 
We are casual observers for now.    The best we can do is be strong hands that do not get discouraged.....
I only own a few gold mining stocks so the stock market has little impact on me.....

Offline 1668Chris

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+11)
    • Coin Armour
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2018, 10:18:44 AM »
Two trends that are surprising and almost in stealth mode as main streams media is ignoring it.

1) US dollar making multi year lows, with yuan getting close to its Dec 2013 peak.

2) Gold quietly making progress week by week. A lot institutional money is flowing into gold indicates a bias towards inflation and/or hedge for instant turn from current prosperity.

Unfortunately none of these are helping mcc advance prices.  Has the general public soured after losing money in exchanges, missing out on stock market, real estate, or crypto surge, collectors are retiring and want more liquid assets, crack down on corruption is actually working in China and young generation have other interests than collecting coins.  All these cross currents will make 2018 a unique year that will be hard to forecast.

Weak dollar is driving gold prices higher and this trend line seems like it will continue for a while. 

Regarding MCC's, I think its a prudent strategy to diversify your holdings....in short, how much of your total assets do you want in the stock market.  401K's force you to put every dollar into equities, as there are no other choices.  As the market rises, asset allocation starts to get overweight equities.  It is smart investing to diversify your holdings and look for alternative investments...I think low MCC prices provide good value for the long term, much better than real estate (especially not in high tax states) or crypto. 

Online KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2018, 10:56:16 AM »
The comparison with real estate is too broad. It depends on multiple factors, when, where, buying price, how long, poor real estate investment decisions etc.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline 1668Chris

• Supporter
    • Coin Armour
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2018, 11:03:19 AM »
The comparison with real estate is too broad. It depends on multiple factors, when, where, buying price, how long, poor real estate investment decisions etc.

it was just an analogy...everybody situation is different. 

Offline ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
I'm buying platinum bullion at these prices

Offline baron88

• Supporter
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »
I also like platinum, and am watching platinum mining company stocks closely. Platinum seems to be undervalued right now; price is even lower than palladium.

Offline 1668Chris

• Supporter
    • Coin Armour
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
I also like platinum, and am watching platinum mining company stocks closely. Platinum seems to be undervalued right now; price is even lower than palladium.

Major industrial uses for platinum are in catalytic converters in Diesel engines vs palladium in converters for gas engines.  Diesel demand has taken a major hit over past couple of years while traditional gas engine demand is up.  Not sure if this trend line will reverse.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 07:44:09 AM »
Weak dollar is driving gold prices higher and this trend line seems like it will continue for a while. 

Regarding MCC's, I think its a prudent strategy to diversify your holdings....in short, how much of your total assets do you want in the stock market.  401K's force you to put every dollar into equities, as there are no other choices.  As the market rises, asset allocation starts to get overweight equities.  It is smart investing to diversify your holdings and look for alternative investments...I think low MCC prices provide good value for the long term, much better than real estate (especially not in high tax states) or crypto. 

I agree w/ MCC pick as China will soon flex their gold backed financial muscle.       This will surprise most of the world but not us.....

Offline baron88

• Supporter
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 11:09:24 AM »
Major industrial uses for platinum are in catalytic converters in Diesel engines vs palladium in converters for gas engines.  Diesel demand has taken a major hit over past couple of years while traditional gas engine demand is up.  Not sure if this trend line will reverse.

Platinum and palladium are used as oxidation catalysts in catalytic converters for diesel and gas engines. They are interchanable. What matters is the price. Palladium used to be much cheaper and a prefered metal but now with its price higher than platinum, the trend may change.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 01:59:55 PM »

I agree w/ MCC pick as China will soon flex their gold backed financial muscle.       This will surprise most of the world but not us.....

I doubt that any major policy change in China on gold is imminent, or even close. Just the observation of an interested party.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »

In less than 15 years, majority car and truck will be operated by battery and catalytic converter is not needed for electric car and truck.

Nevertheless, the valuation of coin is related to the rarity and has nothing to do with the metal content.

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »
In general, gold price always moves up 2-3 months before Chinese lunar new year and down after Chinese new year. The lower US dollar (3 years low last week) does help the gold to move up recently. IMO, dollar has reached the bottom and gold will go down. I will not be surprised if gold price go down 10-15 % in the next three months, after Chinese new year.

Chinese Governoment may starts to collect real estate property tax sometimes this year. Apparently, the higher down payment for second home has not stop the speculation in the housing market. The property tax will defintely affect the investment strategis of most mid-income Chinese.