Author Topic: B.S.T. forum TOPIC URL must be either provided when leaving feedback or sent to  (Read 5061 times)

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
Topic URL must be either provided when leaving feedback or sent to Admin for verification.

best,
snowball
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:41:12 PM by snowball »
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
Re: B.S.T. forum TOPIC URL must be provided when leaving feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 01:08:20 AM »
Does that mean my purchases, or those of other forum members, will become public knowledge? What I mean is this . . .

If PandaCollector makes a thread to sell a single gold coin and I buy that coin from PandaCollector, when I leave him feedback I must include the topic URL. That informs all other viewers of PandaCollectors feedback of the purchase I have made.

Many forum members may want to keep their purchases private, and being forced to provide the topic URL in the feedback post will damage this possibility.

Offline Lightsview

• Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 05:09:23 AM »
Agree with Mirkkanen above, that privacy could be a concern. Also, some sellers usually edit their sales thread when certain item/items are sold.... so the topic URL might not really be useful.

Offline BronzeEmu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 09:05:10 AM »
Doh!

Might I suggest bouncing ideas like this off people before implementing, as a community I think we have many great ideas & advice. I think Karma is a bad idea. Feels like people can pick on others, childish.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:10:24 AM by BronzeEmu »

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
    • China Mint
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 09:49:24 AM »
The rule will be changed to:
Topic URL must be either provided when leaving feedback or sent to Admin for verification purpose.

Mirkkanen

If this is the case, you and Peter can simply agree not to leave feedback to each other.  N67
Buyer/seller don't have to leave feedback.  'Forced' is not a proper word here.

Lightsview

You have 2 pending feedbacks, please send me the urls.

Merry Christmas!

snowball
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
    • China Mint
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
Doh!

Might I suggest bouncing ideas like this off people before implementing, as a community I think we have many great ideas & advice. I think Karma is a bad idea. Feels like people can pick on others, childish.

BronzeEmu

The karma system has been discussed at: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7463.0
The feedback system has been discussed at: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7470.0

best,

snowball
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.

Offline BronzeEmu

BronzeEmu

The karma system has been discussed at: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7463.0
The feedback system has been discussed at: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7470.0

best,

snowball

Now I have -1 karma. I can't check to see who gave it to me or why. Doesn't encourage me or anyone else to contribute does it!
Ball - I checked your links. Although there is some discussion about pro/cons it says very little else inway of reasons to give or take. If someone doesn't like what I have to say, maby it is because they are meager.

Offline BronzeEmu

I visit silverstackers.com from time to time, and thought their site is difficult to navigate. However, there's one feature which can lend ideas to the improvement of "karma system" (if snowball decides to keep it).

http://forums.silverstackers.com/

Notice under each user, there's a "trade counter" with "+" and "-" ..... other members can leave their comments with regards to their "buy/sell/trade" experience. "Karma" can take a page from that playbook.  jmho

If my karma killer could point out what I did wrong I would be interested in knowing. Kind of - Say it to my face.