Author Topic: Gold & Silver Prices Breaking 2015 Lows  (Read 1850 times)

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: Gold & Silver Prices Breaking 2015 Lows
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 01:15:09 AM »
Easy come, easy go.  This a common tale, similar to kids putting honus wagner or mickey mantle rookie cards in bicycle wheel. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/man-lost-127-million-worth-of-bitcoins-and-city-wont-let-him-look.html

Offline baron88

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
2017 sure is the year of crptocurrency. I started paying real attention to it in June, when Bitcoin price reached $3,000 briefy. After having studied block technology thoroughly, I decided to buy some Etherum, Bitcoin’s close cousin, just to get a hands on experience on what cryptocurrency is all about and how to mange and store the coins.

Back then, Etherum seems to be having even better future than Bitcoin, for it is smart contract programable. Price was around $200 after a peak of $400. The greatest risk about buying and selling cryptocurrency, is that the market and exchanges are unregulated. Coinbase, based in San Francisco, which I opened an account with, was and may still is overwhelmed by the skyrocking growth of buisness. Their system was not very stable and after deposited cash into my account and placed a limit order on their GDAX platiform, my open limit order just disappeared from my account in about 10 days. The only way to contact customer service was email, and mine was in queue for over 5 weeks. When you place a limit order the total dollar amount if it gets filled is deducted and withheld from your cash balance right away. So in 5 weeks there was nothing I can do but wait. After my problem was addressed and the limit order reappeared, I cancelled it to free up the fund and withdrew all cash out of my account. I was done with trying to buy Etherum.

Then I researched and picked 5 block chain startup companies, and started watching their stocks. Most were penny stocks trading as low as a penny. A thousand dollars can buy a hundred thousand shares. I bought into one at the price of $.015 a share, and in 10 trading days watched it shot up to $.10, that is amazing in percentage terms. I sold half and decided to keep another half for the long term, betting on this company’s future. One does not have to trade real cryptocurrency, playing block chain start ups can be very profitable too. They shoot up and down with the price movement of Bitcoin.

Thought I share my expereince here with you all.  Happy holidays!

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 02:02:43 PM »
Thanks Baron, little to risky for me, but love reading about it. Happy Holidays