Author Topic: CCF and Hiko Benefit Auction #1 : 1994 Silver Camel 10 Y (OMP)  (Read 483 times)

Offline Hippanda

• Trade Count: (0)
CCF and Hiko Benefit Auction #1 : 1994 Silver Camel 10 Y (OMP)
« on: December 04, 2017, 02:32:08 AM »
All proceeds will go to support efforts to popularize Hiko - the Tongan art of women's juggling.  Worthy cause,

1994 10 yuan CHINA Endangered Wildlife, Wild Bactrian Camel SILVER PROOF. OMP.  Clean  $450
reserve.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykfB162zbxI
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline dennisma77

• Trade Count: (+5)
Re: CCF and Hiko Benefit Auction #1 : 1994 Silver Camel 10 Y (OMP)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »
$450 or $45?

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 12:52:14 AM »
Are you not familiar with the concept of a "benefit fundraiser" ?

It's where you politely pay more than "market", for something that makes you feel good about yourself, supporting the worthy cause, knowing you are helping perpetuate something good and of immeasurable social value. FYI it's done all the time. And an equal benefit donated to CCF.

In this case, to support the traditional juggling of "beautiful outside and inside" South Pacific Tongan women, their unique cultural heritage and physical skill/ sport and their important bonding in a special beautiful society. Sadly, an uncommon thing these days. I am connected. Watch the video? If so then I humbly suggest you watch it again, or read up on it to fully appreciate it.

(If you are looking for a bargain deal, I happily refer you to ebay, where you can get anything for cheap and leave no surplus value for society after your steal)

Confucius

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:12:59 AM »
$450 or $45?

Don't worry Dennis, this is just Hippanda's not so subtle way of showing me he does not support my recent actions  (i.e., auctions) on the forum. I sent him a very polite private message to which he has chosen not to respond. I assume he did not read that my two most recent auctions will also be raising money for CCF.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 01:21:09 AM »
With that comment, it is disappointing indeed to realize that somebody may not be supportive of the worthy fundraising benefit for anything other than their own pet project.

If somebody has an exclusive monopoly on fundraising causes, we should perhaps be made aware of said policy?

Otherwise..... ?

Confucius

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 01:26:38 AM »
Even though you're just trolling me, I'd actually place a bid if your auction was priced somewhere remotely near market value. Best of luck to you.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 01:34:17 AM »
Why the personal attacks?  I thought this was a friendly forum and personal affronts were discouraged ? Do you feel there is not enough fundraiser space to allow anything other than (whatever that thing is ) you are promoting?   Relax.. plenty of fundraising opportunities to go around. ( and no, I don't respond to any ill -willed aggressive threatening insulting PM's)
Tongan women's Hiko is as beautiful and to some at least as deserving of support than badminton football ? How about you don't reply if you are not positive, of kind heart and supportive of others points of view? It's all good, I'll send you chill pill free, if you let me know where to send it.

Confucius

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 01:59:58 AM »
Sent to you this morning, via pm:
"I'm sorry if I have offended you in some way or if my posts upset you. It is clear that with your latest, your intent is to mimic my recent posts, for which I asked permission (from a moderator, and a second trusted forum member) before posting. If you think my posts do not belong on the forum, please help me understand why and I will consider removing the ones that have not yet received bids. I am offering MCC to the community and will be donating a portion of the sale's proceeds to the cause of my choosing. Obviously this irks you, so please help me understand what part of this bothers you enough that you would make a listing just to taunt me. Call or text me if you wish. I am happy to engage.
Jeremy Nathan Mirken
(520) XXX-XXXX"

No ill -willed aggressive, threatening, insulting PM's sent, my friend.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 02:09:16 AM »
No irk, Mirk, none whatsoever. You are reading this all wrong and honestly being rather short-fused and aggressive from the get-go.  This is not your thread, it is only one that recognizes the precedent to fund raise here for worthy causes among charitable fellow members. Why the hostility? Because somebody else did, exactly as you did? That's just nonsense.  Get a grip and why not bid for the Camel for a good cause?

Now really watch this and tell me you don't see value in supporting this : you would stop dead in your tracks if you have ever been fortunate enough to have seen this firsthand :

Confucius

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 02:17:53 AM »
It is great that you are raising money for a worthy cause.  The only concern is having a starting bid at 700% above market value may mislead a novice into believing coin is much more valuable than it is.  This violates the friendly and informative nature of the forum IMHO.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 02:33:40 AM »
There was stated a fundraiser target for a worthy cause - and a target $$, and clarified it was above market.

Common ordinary black tie fundraising events commonly bring 3-10 times their "market value" for a good cause. So nothing out of the ordinary.  This item was not represented any other way.

There are commonly other BST where bids are started below market and proceeds will go entirely into pocket of seller. This was never represented as such. Even other "charity" posts state only a "portion" of proceeds will go to cause.  What "portion" ? Do you ask! Does it matter? Yes, my auction said "All proceeds"- ALL.  Not portion. Not a small percent.  Have anyone ever asked that of other "fundraiser" posts? Why not? Why is now suddenly an issue?
If you want a bargain, go to ebay. Or other merchants listed here. Was the price set "wrong" according to experts?  Who decides? The bid was based on a target for a certain number given to me by a goal from a Rec Center. OK enough ? Or do you want to force this to be played as a game based on an arbitrary standard you decide?  If you have hard fast rules for charity auctions then they should be stated on policy pages not just made up as we go along. Pricepedia times a percentage discount starting bid? Fine then state that if anything different gets you so riled.

This is a fundraiser for a unique worthy cause. ALL proceeds forwarded, as stated - Not "portion" like other fundraisers. If you are not moved, then please don't respond and kindly don't criticize anymore than you'd stand up and make a stink at opening bid for an auction for a dinner at a charity event?
Thank you in advance, philanthropists. You pretty much derailed charitable requests.

Confucius

Online ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 02:10:35 PM »
it's a shame, I might have considered bidding if it was fundraising for the Dehydrated Camels Initiative