Author Topic: New Panda Commemorative for the Denver 2017 ANA World's Fair of Money  (Read 21915 times)

Offline collectingcoins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Panda Commemorative for the Denver 2017 ANA World's Fair of Money
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2017, 12:37:30 PM »
When I was leaving the ANA coin show in downtown Denver, Arif and I walked by the Modern Coin Mart tables.  I had a perfect opportunity to add one of the silver medals to my collection.  The design was attractive.  The medals were available without waiting in line.  Still, I did not do so.  And I am a medal collector.  I must really be feeling the fatigue of too many show medals.

Mark Bonke

Interesting perspective Mark.  I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind producing the silver piece with a 5000 mintage, in light of all the variations that were coming out at the same time. I know, we've spoken about this Ad Nauseam. I have an email into modern coin mart to ask if that price of $2,500.00 is correct.  Maybe it is a mistake, and they really are not hoping for some sucker-whale to come by and buy this.  I would feel bad for that person who felt motivated to buy this PF70 for this price, when there are so many more thousands to be minted.  Thanks for the info everyone.