Author Topic: Anything Coin Related Happening in Dalian, China?  (Read 762 times)

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
Anything Coin Related Happening in Dalian, China?
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »
In less than 2 weeks I depart for China. I will be visiting Dalian to compete in a televised sporting event. I won't have too much time for fun but in case I have some freedom, I would like to know whether there is anything coin related in that area.  Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Re: Anything Coin Related Happening in Dalian, China?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:43:18 PM »
Perhaps this vlog will give you some general pointers about the city itself: https://youtu.be/uba0aCFcMi8
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:17:19 AM »
Interesting, i picked up a set of Titanium coins from Dalian Commerce?     Private mint or Official?     It is the only Chinese made of Titanium that i know of.    Will take photos of COA, box, coins and will post another time.      Are there any other Titanium Chinese coins/medals?    There were no bidders so i stepped in because they seem very unique and at under $10 it seemed like a good gamble.........

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »
A few years ago, I spent considerable time using Google Earth pictures to get a sense of the Dalian area.  Quite helpful to see the streets, buildings and water before arrival.  Just use the highest resolution while centering on the roof of your hotel or the athletic stadium and slowly pull back to see the surrounding area in detail.  [I do not know if the PRC government has blocked access to this information.]

Mark Bonke

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 12:54:12 PM »
Shenyang is 225 miles from Dalian.  High speed train travel is less than 2 hours.  Peter could probably get you a tour of the Mint and you could probably buy some "medals" at a Mint store.  Just a thought.  [I know you are a big medal collector.  :001_smile:]

Mark Bonke

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »
Here is the name of official distributor of China Gold Coin Inc. in Dalian City. It has two stores.

Name: 大连鸿祥金制品有限公司

Address: 大连市中山区丹东街52号都市海景2-3

Address: 大连市沙河口区西安路123号

Have a safe trip.