Author Topic: Fraudulent Buyer from Texas  (Read 1253 times)

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Fraudulent Buyer from Texas
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:39:35 AM »
Beware if you get a check from The Hall Group from PO BOX 710577, Houston TX 77083.  It is a fake check.

I and couple of other dealers got a check from this company.  I knew right away the check was fake, because I got payment for a coin without anyone contacting me about the coin and the shipping address was to a vacant storefront. 

Avoid shipping coins to anyone that you don't know, the number scammers out there has increased dramatically this year.  In the past they target retirees, now they are going after everyone.

Offline Clark Smith

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • See our coins at www.coinvault.com
    • Clark Smith
Re: Fraudulent Buyer from Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »
I just got one from the Hall Group !

The fraud continues.....

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:32:07 PM »
That makes 6 dealers that I know of.  I didn't even bother to deposit the check after google search his delivery address and the fact he never contacted me about buying any coin, just sent a check. 

US dealers wonder why we take so much risk to ship overseas, what they don't realize is the biggest risk are not overseas collectors, but domestic dealers when it comes to fraud and non-payment. 

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »
For those interested in numerous ways dealers have stolen from collectors and investors should take time to read through the following links so they can identify the warning signs.

http://about.ag/goldsilverfraud.htm
http://bulliondealerdata.com/tips.htm
http://www.startribune.com/may-9-2011-ex-cons-make-a-killing-in-coins/121475124/

I am considering starting a blog to summarize what I have learned over the years to help others make good decisions when buying and selling.  Just have to figure out how to add it to the website.

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 10:56:45 AM »
Arif

Thanks for the links.  I opened the first link and searched for the name of a company which cheated my elderly cousin (concerning the purchase and non-delivery of 500 circulated Morgan dollars in 2010).  It was nice to see that the person running this company is incarcerated with a release date in 2025.  Excellent information!

Mark Bonke

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »
I will forward the links too as i recognize a few names and areas where my friends live.       Fake dealers, fake coins, no one so many react quickly......