Author Topic: 1982 panda gold  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Rarityhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
1982 panda gold
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »

Offline Rarityhunter

Re: 1982 panda gold
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 10:10:51 AM »
I think the 1982 is quite an interesting one in Chinese modern coins. Usually a legal tender need to have denomination on it. This is the particular one that most people agree that it's bullion, but whether is a coin, legal tender, it might have left some space for debating, and obviously it's more safe to for whom make fake coins, and they're high value ones as well.

One or two months ago, I spot a fake one, with wrong number of pillar for the temple of heaven, but for this sample there's no such obvious mistake now... I suspected that this one is again a fake piece. Would they be able to improve it again in a few months' time...

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 12:44:26 AM »
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 10:17:57 PM »
Hey brother good to see you posting and hope all is well on your end of paradise !

Thanks for the continued effort to expose scam artists. Part of me wants to win this bid just to examine a fake gold panda close up but then I guess in doing so it inadvertently supports these bozos to continue their chicanery.

Offline Hippanda

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 02:00:30 AM »
Great to see you too my Cajun friend ! Hope all is well with you and yours.
Yeah I don't go out of my way as often to show the frauds, just only as an occasional aid to any newbies coming into Chinese Coin collecting to beware of the occasional scam artists.

Its no secret that you, myself, Pat and Poconopenn in particular have a special distaste for cheats and flimflam men, and want to see our hobby kept honest and clean. Cheers!
"He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

Confucius

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)

Offline texasfarmer

• New
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »
As for fake 1 oz gold coin in fake NGC holder, I hope to tell my experience on eBay. I bought one Australia 1 oz gold kangaroo MS70 from one eBay seller. Upon receiving the coin, I did two things: 1.
Weighed the coin with NGC holder on a digital scale, 2. Check the gold on Sigma Metalytics. The coin with NGC holder only weighed about 60 grams, while one authentic 1 oz gold coin with authentic NGC Holder weighs from 69 to 71 grams. Also the brown strip at the bottom of NGC labeling does not show the shining of NGC Logo. Fortunately eBay refunded the whole money. Since then when I have any doubt about the gold coin on eBay, I always ask the seller to send the photo of coin with NGC holder on a scale. If the seller does not send, I do not buy.