Author Topic: directly accessing asian market buyers of pandas.  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Bluefin646

• Trade Count: (0)
directly accessing asian market buyers of pandas.
« on: January 21, 2017, 01:00:36 PM »
good afternoon,

what are the most direct methods of accessing asian buyers of pandas?

looking for non dealer, non auctions methods, whether they are forums, craigslist type 'wanted', or places to post coins directly to asian buyers.

to be clear, i would be selling coins, and looking to sell directly to asian individuals.

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Re: directly accessing asian market buyers of pandas.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »
You are describing this forum. This forum matches all of your criteria.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:38:46 PM »
Once you reach the required number of (meaningful) posts you can sell in the B.S.T. section. I'll say you are most likely to sell items here than in other forums (AFAIK).

There may be sales channels in or to China but you need to research that.

eBay is still an option and will get you the best exposure to the international scene and probably the most sales.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline Bluefin646

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
eBay costs too high.

What happened to the auction on this forum?  Seems that it did not work.

Offline 1668Chris

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+11)
    • Coin Armour
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 10:24:14 AM »

to be clear, i would be selling coins, and looking to sell directly to asian individuals.

Why do you care who buys your coins as long as you get what you think is fair market value????

Offline Bluefin646

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
What is fair market value?

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
It is en estimate of value based on recent & relevant sales of comparable coins. The more common the coin , the easier it is to find comparable sales. Asian buyers will not necessarily pay more for a coin. Also, even if the asian buyer will pay a higher price, you still have to get it to him/her. There are fees and risks involved with that. I believe the fees and risks in today's market erase any gain. We are in a buyers' market for most coins. If you want top value, wait 2-3 years.

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
Well stated

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:14 PM »
Bluefin646, Have you sold on this forum yet? Or bought from anyone here?

Offline Bluefin646

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 02:58:59 PM »
Not permitted to do so, yet.

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
You can buy. if you want to.

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
The 60 day and 50 post rule is in place to reduce risk of fraudulent sellers stealing money from forum members.  I have seen several con artist trying to sell on here before these rules were in place and several forum members got ripped off.   The members were partially to blame as their greed the best of them and they sent wires to sellers in foreign countries and/or to sellers that had no track record of sales on the forum or ebay.  Also, a big risk of buying on forum is buying stolen merchandise from unproven sellers, if you end up buying stolen merchandise the police requires you return it to lawful owner without any reimbursement, unless the seller is caught and his assets are liquidated to pay you off, which is rare.

If it were up to me, I would tighten the rules on selling to require an ebay account with a history of sales or purchases of similar items, or reference from forum members or major dealers to show credibility.  Second, require sellers in their forum profile to list their email and phone number, I can't understand why someone would buy from someone using forum messaging system as the only method of communication. 

As for the best way to sell your coins, I would recommend you crack them out and submit to NCS if you want to get the best prices for them.  No collectors are buying ANACS holders these days as their grading standards are lower than NGC and ebay won't even accept ANACS coins to be listed as certified on their platform.  If you don't want to keep them in ANACS holders then dealers will be your best bet to sell the coins, as they will buy them and get MS69 quality one holdered in NGC or lower grades sell to master sets assemblers.

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »
Thanks Arif, I agree, before I would buy (which I have here from proven sellers). He would need some proof other than pictures of coins. EBay account might be good but I would still second guess with ratings from sellers here. I understand everyone has to start somewhere, but at least EBay is a stepping stone. Thanks for you great advice, Jim

Offline Bluefin646

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »
ebay way too expensive.

Offline bender9876

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 02:50:21 PM »
Well I think you will have to prove yourself here. Im sure when you try to sell the experianced guys here will set you straight. They are really nice, but very hard to fool. Expect alot of questions. Good Luck. Ebay is expensive, between ebay & paypal I get hit with 13%, but I know the cost going in. By the way I have 100% with 590 leaving positive feedback. There are alot of buyers that dont even bother to leave feedback. My EBay is bender98762012 if you want to verify.