Author Topic: CATTE aluminum Feng Yunming set  (Read 16347 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: CATTE aluminum Feng Yunming set
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:01 AM »
The set from Germany says SOLD on ebay.....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:03 PM »
As a Feng Yunming collector i search for National Arts & Crafts.     Have only found this one item, a stationary set, on ebay $12.
All i know is that China National Arts & Crafts Imports & Exports Corp had handicraft as the main business....

Not sure what all the parts are.   Glass tube?    Not much value but a nice NA & C stationary set to own....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2019, 07:52:46 AM »
CATTE aluminum OMP set box      $19.99   Sold                            Ebay 202681166143

3 photos of the aluminum set sold and the 4th is the gilt brass set posted earlier.      Now both versions are known and same box.   Collector/dealer in China has not seen the OMP full set but has seen a few single medals....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2019, 11:54:52 AM »
6/22  Feng - Panda medal 2 pc set OMP    $99 Sold      Ebay 133086745276...

Drumbeats get louder for more Feng information.     Today the Chinese collecting community is aware of him but there is no publication, yet.....   
Will there be financial incentives for interviewing & producing a publication?   
Could Chen Jian be contacted and asked if Feng had any influence on his MCC?
Other early year artists?....  they probably all knew each other back then?...

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »
Nice purchase of the two medal set.

During the coin show in Kowloon last month, a Hong Kong coin dealer sold me another 12-medal silver archaeological finds set with the original box and paperwork.  A nice set with some toning, etc.  None of the medals are perfect and the grades will reflect these imperfections.  The price had increased since he knew I had an interest in collecting these sets.  Still, he did keep it under the table until he had a chance to offer it to me for my collection.  A very nice effort on his part to meet my collecting needs.

Mark Bonke

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
2 more Feng brass sets sold in used condition from China...

1979 The Souvenir for Chinese Excavation box w/ 6 brass from Archaeological set   $60  Sold    Ebay 133172339832

First 2 photos are of the Souvenir for Chinese Excavation medals.       However, Archaeological brass are found in the boxes.    Hopefully i can locate some correct medals for the box in the future but these medals are very hard to find on US ebay.    UNC medals and boxes are very rare....   

Photos 3 & 4 are of the listing w/ box..

Six Horses of Tang Zhau Tomb 6 pc brass medal set w/ box        $60  Sold      Ebay 143383522221
Have never seen this box or medals before.   Had no clue they existed.    Are there others?...

Smallcaps.com.au     "Jim Rickards says world is unprepared for the next financial crisis, the future is gold."         more authors are banging drums saying China's Yuan will take over for USD....

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2019, 08:23:38 PM »
It is my first time to see the 6 horses.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2019, 07:24:22 AM »
Can you translate the writing on the box lid?.....

Offline fwang2450

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2019, 05:09:45 PM »
In the tenth year of Tang Zhenguan (AD 636), Emperor Taizong of Tang, Li Shimin, embossed the images of the six horses in order to commemorate their meritorious military service. He often rode these horses during battles. The carvings are fine and vivid. The six horses each have their own form, well-proportioned, strong and fit. These images are among the best works of art in the Tang Dynasty.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »
Thanks for the translation and very interesting comments.      This set represents these images are among the best works of art in the Tang Dynasty.        Still wish we could get more info on Feng.    Maybe a family member will some day look into it and post.    He probably wants his privacy and not to be in the limelight....

Sun Yat Sen Residence Feng brass medal       -start bid $68.58 + $17.14 ship about $85-      Ebay 254361962035    not Taiwan

Other than 2 dealers in China, Feng medals are very hard to find on ebay....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2019, 08:05:17 AM »
Clark, Arif and you other big collectors/dealers, do you see many Feng sets on the market?   Private sales?.....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »
I was asked again about 2 questions so may as well post...

Andrew from Singapore that has his own forum, is not a Feng Yunming fan.      I asked him some time ago if he collects Feng medals.   He does.    Mostly Lu Xun as he is a Lu Xun collector.      Even those that do not like Feng as a artist collect his medals.     I think Feng is a talented artist, to each their own... 

Paypal Credit is now syncrocity bank or something like that.     Not sure when they made the switch, sometime this year?     IF Paypal  Credit no worky then call PP C and update your info.   It will work again....